Ko3s fitting at tip fitting woes

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Hi lads I fitted the ko3s today aswell as a tip BUT if anything it seems to have lost the boost a bit I've checked for leaks but can't find them i put a remapped ecu in the other day and was hitting 15-16psi but im sat at a smooth 12-14 without the feeling of being sucked in to my seat lol I wonder if it's the fact the map was on a ko3? any help is appreciated men

you'll want to get it mapped buddy, somewhere like R-tech are very good with the k03s on an agu lump.
you may find the boost will be very spikey aswell

But surely it should have more than 14psi also my dv is sort of fluttering what a headache fitting was lol

Youll need to get i mapped, the map like you said is/was setup for a ko3 not a ko3s.

Audi's work on specified boost rather than raw PSI. So you may find the K03s gives the same power/performance for a low psi due to it being a bigger turbo.

You should however get some increase in performance but it's likely to be less lag and a harder pull.

Agreed a new remap on the k03s and you're Fmic will give you the best performance improvement but even so you can safely run the K03s on the map you have.

Yeh I'm guna ring r-tech Monday and book in I think ur rights the 0-60 feels as good if not better just without the spike of boost I think I had to high expectations and was a little disappointed after 6 hours hard graft lol But I'm sure r-tech will put a grin on my face lol

Hi guys, finally got a k03s to do the upgrade on my AGU lump. just wondering if you guys have any advice on fitting turbo e.g new gaskets or special tools (part numbers would be great).

Also thinking about upgraded TIP and De-cat but would i really notice the difference??? i know i need a new tip from a AUQ/AUM engine.

any advice would be great

Thanks
Tom

wouldnt the tip be the same? i know theres a slightly larger lip on the turbo (2-3mm diameter) but u could stretch that easy and it has the same outlets as ur engine used to have

I used a agu silicone tip and it fitted easy and I didn't gave to blank any plugs off

Hi guys, finally got a k03s to do the upgrade on my AGU lump. just wondering if you guys have any advice on fitting turbo e.g new gaskets or special tools (part numbers would be great).

Also thinking about upgraded TIP and De-cat but would i really notice the difference??? i know i need a new tip from a AUQ/AUM engine.

any advice would be great

Thanks
Tom

This should be all you need:

k03 > k03s Turbo DIY / Fitting Guide (Mk4 Golf) - uk-mkivs

cheers welly i knew i seen a link somewhere.

@turboman where did you source your tip from?

thanks

the ebay silicon TIP's are remarkably good quality really, Nick at Rtech actually recommended I buy an ebay job for £45 rather than spend £120+ on a forge!

Also if you where interested in a forge one pm S3 BAM and hel sort u out A bargain mate

I don't mate sorry, that was a LONG time ago now.

No problem mate, I'm assuming it was just a plain TIP though, might get one of the toyosports ones, as their FMIC's are pretty decent from what I've seen/read on here..