loss of boost????

A3tell

Reaction score
after my test fit and drive of my new jetex, (before my tip arrives) i saw that i was only hitting around 7psi!!!!! WTF
before it was peaking at around 8.5ish
so is it now highlighting a problem or is it just the ecu backing off a bit???? and will it sort itself out without remapping??
any thoughts anyone????
cheers:confused:

Changing the airfilter shouldnt alter how much boost its running at, just to make it breath easier! spin up a bit quicker, my thoughts are the ambient temp???, was it much warmer the day you fitted the filter? was quite warm yesterday!!!! Just my thoughts could be wrong!

no.
it was steady at 7. was around 6.30pm when i tested.
baffled me!!!

I would look for a small boost leak! check everything is tight. or put the car back to stock and see if it goes back up???

will do, just a thought, with the bigger air mass now, could it be the oem tip failing and restricting it a little??

Maybe one of the pipes come loose when the removed the air box.

When i changed the filter on mine things didn't seem right to me , so i did a bit of reading (as always) and a in a thread i read that if you change anything , then you should do a throttle body alignment in vag (The manual method didn't seem to work), so i did that and everything seemed perfect.

unfortunatly dont have access to vag com.
anyone else with an oppinion on poss issue??????
thanks.

unfortunatly dont have access to vag com.
anyone else with an oppinion on poss issue??????
thanks.
Without VAGCOM it difficault! could be a number of things, poss N75? MAF? or boost leak be my guess!

on the coast m8. clacton.
but have bigger issues to deal with now!!!! busted fuel line!! so now have to source a whole new line and then try and get the car toed to be repaird!!!