Should i go for the turbo - Please help.

aldo8

Reaction score
Hi there, i've just turned 19 and i've been looking around for an a3. I good quotes for all models. I found a 1.6 with rs4 18'' alloys, leather interior, black in colour - the exact car i'm looking for but just not the engine. I'm convinced i'll get extremely bored without the power. All 1.8 t sport ive seen dont have the leather and i've got a feeling the running costs will be more than i expect, petrol etc. I travel 30 miles for work 5 days a week and if the turbo is high running costs then i'll have to look at something else.

Can someone give me some idea on what the turbo is for running costs?

Thanks

I have an 1.8 NA, I really like it but I wish I had gone for the turbo version - it would be worth it if you can afford the insurance. The petrol wont be that bad if you dont rev the guts out off it all the time.

Get some insurance quotes on the turbo. If you think you can afford to shell out on the insurance it really will depend on how many miles you think you will do per week/year, plus servicing costs and some change for when things go wrong....

If you can afford a turbo then I would say go for it! If you can't, then get the normal 1.8.

You'l still be part of the "cool gang"...

Rich.

Go for it. If you don't your end up spending money trying to get the NA car faster to satify your for missing out on the turbo.

I think the turbo is actually about the same (if not slightly better) at using fuel than the standard 1.8.
I know I made the right choice in getting the turbo, although I didn't know it at the time.

i can get around 32 per gallon in town when going very lightly on the right foot

i usually drive F1 stylee and so its nearer 25-26
depends on driving style
maintenance costs i dont believe are any different really - audi are in general an expensive car to maintain but if u avoid dealership for servicing then you should be ok

def buy 1.8 T - otherwise you really will regret it later on

1.8T all the way! You will be disappointed in the 1.6 if you are looking for performance, and if you go for the 1.8, you may aswell get the 1.8T as fuel economy will be similar, service costs similar, and insurance is very close. If you are even remotely considering it, then just do it.

Rich

I've had the 1.8, 1.8T and now have a S3. If I had to choose between a 1.8 and the turbo now, I would definately get the 1.8T if you can. It is just such a difference.

Roy.

If your worried about fuel costs etc.. Y not go for the PD130 turbo diesel, power and economy all in one, and probably cheaper to insure too

there is a lovely silver 97 turbo im looking at wit 70000 on clock but little worried bout year and colour but could be really good buy.

Or is there any worry? Help!!!!!!!

i paid 6500 for my silver a3 1.8T with 43k on the clock, im 24 with full no claims and my insurance is £490 fully comp, that was the cheapest i could get anywhere, and i mean anywhere!

hope this helps!

oh its ok telling him to go light on the throttle, but hes 19 and you wont go light on the throttle, you will bolt it everywhere, i get 24MPG with traveling 4 miles a day, full tank costs £49 with exspencise fuel and last around 250 miles.

Good luck and hope you get your 1.8T