Brakes on 1999 a3 1.8t quattro

sirampton

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading the brakes on my a3 1.8t quattro.
Not sure what to go for does anyone have any ideas on which brakes to upgrade to?

A3 1.8t brakes can be upgraded to use S3 312mm discs using the S3/TT caliper carriers... then get some Ferodo DS2500 brake pads if you plan to 'use' the brakes and worth while changing the fluid to something like Motul RBF 660

<tuffty/>

As said above.

I'll be doing mine over the next couple of weeks as I've got the carriers, discs and pads etc waiting ready to go. Going to bleed through some nice fresh fluid whilst I'm at it.

Dont forget to bleed the master cylinder, and dont do the nut up too tight when youre finished... Ive only got one bleed nipple left :keule:

Yep, noted :)

Luckily a lad at works an ex audi tech and has a lovely big workshop at his house so in return for a few beers and a curry we're changing my brake calipers, carriers and bigger discs and bleeding the whole lot with nice fresh fluid.

Oh and fitting 2 new ball joints at the same time... not bad in return for a lamb bhuna :laugh:

As said above.

I'll be doing mine over the next couple of weeks as I've got the carriers, discs and pads etc waiting ready to go. Going to bleed through some nice fresh fluid whilst I'm at it.

Whoa!!! blast from the past!!! you have been planning to do this for a while now :D

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
I've been mad busy mate so not had any chance to sort anything out on my car apart from put fuel in it and drive it.

Got a bit more time now so its back on it to sort all the little things out that need doing. Sorted a few little annoying problems today but the brakes etc are all ready to go waiting in the garage so it'll happen soon. Just got to arrange a day when my mates free to help me sort it all out. I'd try it on my own but he's a good lad and has everything needed to do it. Plus another pair of hands always helps :)

T