Few bits done today!

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Evening all, got a few bits done on the car today, new fuel filter, new top mounts and bearings, nsf outer cv boot, red poly dog bone mount and the 249 bypass and replaced the pipe into the fpr with some red silicone vac pipe.

What can i say, the car feels soooo much nicer to drive now, everything feels a lot more tighter and responsive, the vibration from the dog bone is very minimal, only really noticeable when lifting the clutch really and my reverse gear selection is now far far better.

Only problem is I still have a very slight knocking from the osf still but nowhere as bad as it was, anyone got any ideas what else it could be?

Cheers, Dave.

Good work! What benefits are there to doing the 249 bypass? Knocking noise could be an anti roll bar link, give them a good pull up and down to see if there's any play.

With the 249 bypass i had a broken 'T' in the pipework then had an eml, did a scan and it came up 249 mechanical malfunction so i thought i'd take the pipework off as it was cheaper than replacing with oem stuff, but from what i have read it sharpens up the dv response, tbh i cant really notice any diffrence between standard but i cleared the code did the bypass and the fault hasnt come back, yet.

I thought maybe the arb link but would you still get play in it with weight on the wheel or do i need to jack it up and try?

My money on the knocking noise would be on the front arb bushes, if the coating on the arb bar is also broken you may also need to replace this at the same time as the bushes so they sit on the bar correctly.

I replaced all my top mounts, wishbone bushes and arb bushes with super pro ones last month last month because it was knocking. Not a peep from it now. Its as good as new again.

Changing my fuel filter this weekend, any tips I should be aware of or is it dead straight forward. I am assuming it's dead straight forward!

My car clunks Shen I do a 3 point turn I have full polybush kit to go on on Friday or as much as is possible.... Back on the rollers Saturday for the full medical.....:thumbsup:

I had the same thing and it was indeed the ARB bushes.. Cheap to buy and my mechanic had them fitted in 20 minutes!