Anyone know of any all in 1 gauges?

Westy

Reaction score
I will soon be purchasing one of these and a gauge to fit:

254-2.jpg

Audi S3/A3 Air Vent Gauge Pod £41.04 VW Accessories & Styling , Worldwide Mailorder

I was thinking about whether anywhere did a 52mm gauge that would fit the above holder but also gave out more than just 1 reading. I did a little search and found the following:

wa60014bamber.jpg

60mm 4 in 1 gauge Boost Voltage Oil Temp Oil Pressure on eBay (end time 28-Mar-11 05:56:16 BST)

Only problem with the above is that it is 60mm and in Bar instead of 52mm and PSI :(

Does anyone know where I can get anything similar?

Boost gauge on the pillar and Liquid for the rest ;P

TBH mate, cramming that lot into 52mm may be a big ask...

<tuffty/>

Boost gauge on the pillar and Liquid for the rest ;P

TBH mate, cramming that lot into 52mm may be a big ask...

<tuffty/>

According to the eBay description above Depo Racing do a 52mm version but I cant find one anywhere.

I thought it would be nice to keep the OEM look but be able to read multiple things.

Basically I'd like just Boost in PSI and oil temp in centigrade so I know when the engine has warmed up.

I'm after a proper gauge that will plumb into the FPR hose for boost. The liquid type devices just read from the map sensor.

Thats why I use a separate boost gauge although they do have an AGU mode that calculates boost pressure (pretty accurately from what I have seen) and shows boost higher than 1.5bar...

Liquid is a brilliant tool for other stuff, I use the multigauge all the time showing air intake temp, coolant temp, EGT's and AFR...

<tuffty/>

i will be looking into something similar soon, keep us updated.
Im not sure whether to go for the liquid gauge?

Right i'm now really starting to sway towards the liquid gauge and I've lost count of how many times my mouse pointer has been hovering over the "buy now" button in ebay for one of these!

Can it be bought cheaper anywhere else though?

This is another option as I already have an iPhone and holder for it, I could then put a mechanical gauge in the air vent.

Innovate Motorsports OT-2 OBD-II/CAN WiFi Interface on eBay (end time 26-Mar-11 09:08:52 GMT)

My only problem with this is that nobody has any experience with it but many people have used the Liquid and its a tried and test bit of kit. :think:

Android has a bit of software called 'Torque' that can use a cheaper bluetooth OBD adaptor... I have played with this myself but its generic OBD II rather than VAG specific like Liquid and VCDS... its a bit laggy on BT but the BT adaptor cost me £18 and the app around £3 so was worth a punt for gimmick value if nowt else

<tuffty/>

Yeah I am swaying back towards the Liquid but it is pricey and I probably wont even use half the features as my car will be fairly standard.

I think I'll go back to my original idea of a 30psi mechanical back lit gauge and a vent holder. Cheaper and will probably do me for what I want it for.

That is always an option. None of you are helping me save money I'll give you that ;)

If you get the LiquidCUBE you can also use it on other peoples cars to help with diagnosing stuff etc... the normal liquid can be used in the same way of course but the LiquidCUBE is designed to be portable..

<tuffty/>

I am planning on moving my liquid to the little cubby under the aircon unit (I have a single DIN stereo... won't work on double DIN) along with a digital oil pressure gauge and the WMI controller... I like my aircon and not having a vent on the drivers side last summer was not the best...

<tuffty/>

I am planning on moving my liquid to the little cubby under the aircon unit (I have a single DIN stereo... won't work on double DIN) along with a digital oil pressure gauge and the WMI controller... I like my aircon and not having a vent on the drivers side last summer was not the best...

<tuffty/>

Now you're just throwing another spanner in the works!!! Now I'm not sure what to do.

I have a double din so that's that idea out the question.

Isn't the air con good enough if you direct both middle vents towards the driver?

Now you're just throwing another spanner in the works!!! Now I'm not sure what to do.

I have a double din so that's that idea out the question.

Isn't the air con good enough if you direct both middle vents towards the driver?

sort of but your right side doesn't get much if any and I like to bath in cold air lol...

I think its subjective but try driving around in this warmer weather with the drivers vent shut off and middle vents set and see how you get on...

<tuffty/>

Liquid gauge seems impressive ands its tried & tested! Can teh "boost" not be worked out from vcds? Have you got a link for the blue tooth obd?

Thanks

Liquid gauge seems impressive ands its tried & tested! Can teh "boost" not be worked out from vcds? Have you got a link for the blue tooth obd?

Thanks

All links are above in this thread mate.

VCDS reads boost from the map sensor and that sensor tops out easily so the reading isn't that accurate on a mapped car. The liquid obviously uses the same sensor.

Westle the iphone option wont display boost, sorry mate. Been there and looked into myself.

All links are above in this thread mate.

VCDS reads boost from the map sensor and that sensor tops out easily so the reading isn't that accurate on a mapped car. The liquid obviously uses the same sensor.

This is true... 22psi is all it will read too however the AGU mode reads higher and is calculated on airflow like the old AGU ECU's had too as they didn't have a MAP sensor... this reads vacuum and boost and goes as high as you like... its supposed to be accurate but not really used it... I will try and run some tests on the dyno when I have a spare 5 mins...

<tuffty/>

:applaus:I agree with you Westle I didnt even know I wanted this or needed it. I didnt even know what it was or that it actually existed but now ive seen the little air vent and the little red boost dial..... I need this puppy as well:hubbahubba: