Boost issues (Boring I KNOW)

AARON77

Reaction score
Hi guys my s3 had been off the road for about 6/7 months due to needing a new diff and various other bits!!!
I had all diff work done and it drove as Allways had done (revo aggressive), then I noticed the clutch was slipping so I took it to amd and they assured me it was the slave cylinder which I knew anyway as I'd changed the master already!!! On changing the slave I thought I'd do the clutch Aswell!!! When I got it the clutch was sweet but ve now started getting boost issues which Im sure is nothing to do with the clutch but I don't want to leave anything out!!!
So after noticing this problem on the home I popped the bonet to se a split hose which I've now replaced and low and behold have a boost issue :( I took it back to the garage and they said come get it we've sorted the problem and replaced another hose, soooo great I asked them to put it on the rolling road just out of intrest and got some good figures on paper but it still isn't right????
I seem to be getting a fair bit of noise from either the dv or wastegate or what ever I'm sure u know the sort of woosh noise I'm talking bout!!!
The car just seems not quite there if u know what I mean it's damn frustrating pls does any one know where I should go now??????
Thanx Aaron

Any fault codes? this kinda diagnosis is tricky as the phrase 'boost issues' is ambiguous... firstly do you have a boost gauge (and if not get one) and what boost have you got? fault codes and what actual boost are the first port of call as you haven't really explained what 'boost issues' you actually have... lack of boost, too much boost, some boost then no boost... see what I mean?

Scan for faults as there could well be a related code that would explain your issues or at least give an idea of whats going on...

Next to a decent set of spanners etc, VCDS is a must for any VAG enthusiast in my book...

<tuffty/>

Kool thanx tuffty
The issue is a a bit off boost imams then it dies off in 1st and 2nd then through the gears it just seems like there's not a lot of pressure or maybe it's escaping ?????

By 'boost' in this case I am assuming you mean 'felt performance' as without a boost gauge or doing logging with VCDS you can't actually tell...

As posted mate, check for fault codes and get a cheap boost gauge... then you need to do some logging...

Double check all your pipes (and there are a few) making sure all the clips are done up tight (OEM clips are ***** btw...) check for split pipes under the inlet manifold as they are the ones that normally split giving boost leaks, its not always the charge hoses that leak... check the 'V' shaped hose at the end on the inlet mani (left hand side as you look in the engine bay) as this splits on the inside of the 'V' and you won't see it without removing it... Forge do a silicon replacement for this... check the 'L' shaped hose underneath the inlet mani (in the middle) and all the PCV pipes around the 'air pump' valve and the one coming off that going to the main PCV valve that T's into the block breather...

<tuffty/>