Knock sensors

AudiiduA

Reaction score
Hi all, had my s3 on vagcom today, needed a new MAF and a knock sensor! how hard is the knock sensor to fit? pics would be good as cars gone into limp mode:(

This may or may not help you. I had a real issue with my knock sensors about 2 years ago. Vagcom kept identifying one of the knock sensors as faulty. Had the car at various garages trying to resolve issue and changed the faulty knock sensor twice before giving up and taking mine to the stealers. Turned out that the faulty knock sensor for me was the one that vagcom wasn't picking up as the good knock sensor was doing it's job and logging the fault. So if you change your knock sensor and still get faults try changing the other one too. Worked for me.

Can also be wiring related, so check out the connections, and look for broken wires before parting with cash.

Knock sensor is easy to change if you need to - they are both on the face of the block.

Make sure you do them up to the correct torque - 20 nm rings a bell but don't quote me on that.

Its coming up with no 1 sensor! is that the left or right one??

Can also be wiring related, so check out the connections, and look for broken wires before parting with cash.

Knock sensor is easy to change if you need to - they are both on the face of the block.

Make sure you do them up to the correct torque - 20 nm rings a bell but don't quote me on that.

Mine had a knock sensor fault-turned out to be some wriring and not the sensor itself.