Safe mode on stereo

sirampton

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have done some electrical work on my 1999 audi a3, so as usual i have disconnected the battery.
Once i finished and re connected the battery the stereo screen in saying safe.
I dont know how to unlock this?
I have a code but it wont let me enter it as none of the buttons are working.
I have googled the problem and it says to hold the p.scan and rbds button simultainiously but i dont have those buttons i only have a scan and rds button which i have tried with no joy.
Also the code has a number 9 in it where as the numbers on the stereo only go to number 6.
Does anyone have any ideas on how i can unlock this?
Thanks

its in the manual mate. following the instructions. u have to hold 2 buttons together until it shows a code entry thing. then u type in ur radio code and thats it. done. it is all in the manual though.

You hold the 2 buttons in until "1000" appears on the screen, then you use the 1, 2, 3 & 4 buttons to enter the 4 digits i.e. if the code is 9595 then you press the "1" button 9 times to get the first digit to 9, then the "2" button 5 times etc etc.
If you can't get 1000 to appear then try doing the procedure with the ignition on.

Thanks alot,
1 problem though.
I cant find the manual to know which 2 buttons to press.
Do you know which buttons they are?

Thanks alot,
1 problem though.
I cant find the manual to know which 2 buttons to press.
Do you know which buttons they are?

Read the link I posted..... It says which 2 buttons, which would be the reason I took the time to find it and post it for you.

It's the TP and RDS buttons on normal models, or it's the FM2 and RDS button if you have FM2.