coilovers fitted with pics...

steve bain

Reaction score
morning all. Thought you may like to see some pics.

easy job to do with no major issues, sun was shining. good days work i say....

i think it is lowered 50-60mm ish as it had the sport suspension before which i believe is 10mm lowered and i definately put it down another 40-50mm. the rear was wound all the way down. who knows?! anyways, no rubbing on the arb so maybe i'm lucky and someone has upgraded it in the past to one with a bigger loop?...

10mm spacers for rear still in post somewhere! typical!

fitting the coilovers has highlighted just how shot the wishbone bushes are but they didn't arrive till today so thats a job for next weekend!

I get the impression my car is not everyones cup of tea due to the lack of feedback in the past! thats cool, but i hope you think lowering it helps a bit....

sorry about poor mobile pics

before

DSCN2600.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

after

KGrHqZhQE1f1qUtmqBNf5GW2Vw_12.jpg

IMG_20110321_072517.jpg

IMG_20110321_072524.jpg

IMG_20110321_072535.jpg

IMG_20110321_072549.jpg

Nice work but start saving for sumps LOL...

Actually... I remember a mate of mine saying there are some spacers available that fit under the engine mounts to lift the whole engine etc up giving more clearance for the sump... can't remember the exact details but they are popular with the VW boys as they go bonkers on lowering their cars...

<tuffty/>

my other car has an inch clearance at the sump so i am used to driving low cars, its all about avoidance! tbh this is actually a lot higher as it seems uneffected by speed bumps so should not be too much of an issue. I am slowly turning my practical daily into something which isn't!

I sorted some quotes for the bumper but it is just a bit too much at the moment as i wanted to get all the other little bits sorted at the same time. So i will wait till summer comes round and do it myself (i have experience! but it will have to be outside unfortunately). only got the coilies as they were brand new for £100!

I love it, bit of a rat look with the mismatched bumper and no grill.

I'd get some pressed licence plates from dubmeister and put the rear audi badge back on.

Car looks nice mate I remember seeing another post about your front bumper I think about 2 months ago and your car now looks so much better I like your wheels too great job!!!

cheers guys. Its a slow work in progress as i am not really meant to be spending money on it! its supposed to be my run around. in the blood i guess :)
I'd get some pressed licence plates from dubmeister and put the rear audi badge back on.
have these on my other car. will get some next month when funds allow. £25 posted off ebay :) make a massive difference!
I took the rear badge off. I like smooth, will be losing rear wiper and gloss black the roof and bonnet with wrap soon once it warms up a touch. need to find an s3 grill too....
tbh have to do general maintenance and insurance before i do anything else!

thing is it is a high mileage and has no history so not much point in spending a bomb making it perfect, may as well make it a bit of fun really.

old wheels and not lowered....grim.

DSCN2569.jpg

DSCN2580.jpg

Looks a lot better now it's lower, will look even better after you get the bumper sprayed.

Who's scirocco is that in the back ground?

I think the added bits (front bumper, skirts and rear bumper) make it look lower than it is. Best way to avoid rubbing is to fit a Whiteline ARB which goes underneath the driveshaft as opposed to looping over it which will eradicate the issue entirely.

Or you can do like me and just get rid of the ARB altogether...(not recommending this in any way)

That's my scirocco storm mate. It's my money pit. It has everything and I love it. Owned it for 11 years now.