advice needed

harley

Reaction score
hi i have been offered a 2000 x reg 1.8turbo which has done 150k as a swap for my evo3 (300hp)
what would the a3 roughly be worth (its standard and looks tidy in the pics)
how bulletproof are the engines
and what to look out for if i test drive it cheers j

I'd say it's worth around £2000, what sort of service history does it have? As long as it's been well looked after and maintained then 150k isn't masive milage

Dump valves are a no no! Can bet if they've fitted one they haven't driven it like my granny on a weekend away in Eastbourne!

so best t sell the evo and buy one instead j

Don't sell the evo! Do you realise how far away an a3 will feel from an evo lol.

Anyway, it seems like you havnt looked at many if any, so dint settle for this straight away, look at it, then look at plenty others then you can compare cars to what people are asking for them. Get someone with vagcom to go with you and see if theyl let you scan the car

yeah the evo is giving me 24mpg driving off boost , so the a3 will be miles away in fuel terms lol j

My Audi A3 1.8ts says i have a average of 31.2mpg and i don't cane mine so there would not a massive difference if you have a heavy right foot :)

Mate most of us get about 26mpg if driving off boost.

Dont do it youll regret it lol, unless its an s3 that is haha.

So many Audi owners saying keep the Evo lol

its an evo 3 so close lol
had it a year an bored with how basic it is and how quickly fuel goes when i boot it .
fancy going back to german again after 4yrs of jap (supra and 2 wrx)
j