Sandips (strange) build thread

So guys any find out they are mapped when they didn't think they were? Any bhp/torque figures?

Poke13 (BAM) (Jonny) is mapped but i think it's a Superchip like what i had, MAF readings were coming out in the region of 245bhp and boost was up and it felt quite strong. Only thing was the fuelling wasn't matching the airflow and boost, A/F were in the 14's throughout the log

Dan-Jnr (BAM) was bang on the money with standard boost, fuelling and MAF reading were coming out around the 235bhp region, ready for a map

SiGainey's (AMK) S3 felt a little 'revvy' on the log and MAF readings were a little down at 198bhp

Dannyh's A3 (AGU) was running well on Revo Stage1, felt very good on the road and came out at 180bhp, power came in strong (classic revo) :)

Dibdubs A3 (AGU) was also running well with a Motech map, came out at just over 180bhp and the power was more throughout the rev range and was smoother

Pabs A4 190BHP with stage 2 Shark performance map went well and came out at 206bhp but had quite a bit of timing pull, he was running normal unleaded, he'll be putting in V-Power then we'll do some more logs :)

Dancarpy's came out at 245bhp running a stage 1 Revo, again quite a bit of timing pull even after adjusting with sps. Changing the plugs then doing some more. No leaks, possibly MAF's getting tired aswell

Superkarl......well MAF readings came out at just over 250g/s running standard downpipe/cats and on the standard map...impressive, i think it's that custom backbox doing the magic :laugh:

great write up, nice to see everyones BHP together, i like how my map deserves a smiley lol .....watch this space for mine and Dibbubs bhp to grow lol

mine didnt go well, its supposed to be around 230bhp with stage 2, it had 206bhp from stage 1 bit gutted really need to find out if it actually was remapped again, time to talk to shark Performance, (or as sandip and lee called it sardine performance)

Was good to meet you Si, i think a new MAF should do the trick :) If you want you can try mine to see if it does actually make any difference. Could have done with swapping the N75 and MAF over lastnight then doing another run :(

New MAF was on by 0930 this morning :) not had chance to see if it's made a proper difference but will try later today hopefully... Cheers for the offer :)

191.something g/s for me...giggidy! zero timing pull, low intake temps (max of 24, 13.5 outside)
very happy with mine.
i honestly think that my airflow readings are good due to my 3 inch duct from the intercooler scoop straight to the smoothed airbox with green cotton panel. i may remove the duct next time, its obv delivering the air the turbo wants pretty well, god knows what a 3 inch TIP would do!
remap would be nice, but for me chassis comes first.

great show of cars anyway and a great bunch of fellas.

p.s. sardine performance ftw

Was good to meet new people last night! makes a difference from the usual turnout.
I dont think the heater matrix has gone anyway as we found the fuel/coolant smell later on under the bonnet.
Prob just my pollen filter needs changing but the pipe under the hood was some sort of evaporation/vent pipe.
wraped it up with tape for now but ill be replacing that soon as well!
Anyway cheers sandip and lee! Also sorted my xenon light balancing out as well. ill see if its still worked when i go out later !
:)

Glad to see my sardine performance made everyones night,

Tomorrow nights plan is new plugs, oil + filter change, clean the panel filter and a full tank of vpower, ready for round 2 see if it really is sardine performance....

Last edited:
Glad to see my sardine performance made everyones night,

Tomorrow nights plan is new plugs, oil + filter change, clean the panel filter and a full tank of vpower, ready for round 2 see if it really is sardine performance....

I'm liking this plan! :rockwoot:

If it still doesn't behave then i guess you'll need to purchase one of these stickers....

229367-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Retro-Swimming-Sardine.jpg

Drop us a text or a message on Facebook dude - coz I'll pop down if a few are going :)

Lee now your just taking the p155, cheers mate....

Sorry mate, couldn't help it.

It takes a very bored individual to take a picture of a can of sardines.............I'll bring it tomorrow night, just in case it helps.......

Yes thanks to Lee and Sandip, nice session! How the hell did you get those pics it was pretty much dark once most of us were there?!

Nice pics though! :s3addict::greyrs4:

Thanks Sandip and Leel. Was good to meet a few of you even though I was only there a short while.
Glad my car is running well.

My car wasn't good enough to be pictured :( haha :p

Yeah cheers to Sandip and Lee for the logging and good to meet a few faces off here! Top bunch of guys! :)

My car wasn't good enough to be pictured :( haha :p

Yeah cheers to Sandip and Lee for the logging and good to meet a few faces off here! Top bunch of guys! :)

Sorry Dibs, wasn't that, it was simply too dark to take any decent shots by the time everyone was there. Well and the fact that I was yapping too much to get round to it!

Thanks Sandip and Leel. Was good to meet a few of you even though I was only there a short while.
Glad my car is running well.

Glad the car's still meeting expectations Dan, hope to see you at a few more meets in future!

Si check your TIP and all associated clamps and pipes are tight, make sure tip is clamped well at the turbo end.
When i bought my car I had a hole in my tip that was quite difficult to see.
If you want si you could buy my samco tip, i want a badger5 one :)

Nope, still maxes out at 154. Genuine Bosch MAF too... Think I will do a Separate post for ideas so as to not clog up sandips thread :)

I don't mind :)

If you want, we can swap a few bits over from mine, change your panel filter aswell then do some more logs. I doubt that it'll be anything major!

Si check your TIP and all associated clamps and pipes are tight, make sure tip is clamped well at the turbo end.
When i bought my car I had a hole in my tip that was quite difficult to see.
If you want si you could buy my samco tip, i want a badger5 one :)

Howdo :) Yep, all clamped up good, it's an autobahn 66 tip, was the same with the oem one too :)

Just a quick update : went this morning to get the map finished :)

It's been noticed by me and a few others that my car has been idling like a scooby for the past few months. Car performs well so i've just kind of ignored it!

But anyway, today Wayne noticed it and decided to do a compression test before he started mapping so

Cylinder 1 - 155
Cylinder 2 - 158
Cylinder 3 - 85
Cylinder 4 - 158

Mapping cancelled :(

Not burning any oil, no smoke etc so i'm ruling out pistons rings but either way the head will have to come off to be checked and whilst the head is off, i'll be getting the rods done! (had a chat with Bill)

Going to try and get a cylinder leakage test done to give an idea where i'm losing compression > exhaust or inlet valve

Never straight forward with S3's :faint:

Just a quick update : went this morning to get the map finished :)

It's been noticed by me and a few others that my car has been idling like a scooby for the past few months. Car performs well so i've just kind of ignored it!

But anyway, today Wayne noticed it and decided to do a compression test before he started mapping so

Cylinder 1 - 155
Cylinder 2 - 158
Cylinder 3 - 85
Cylinder 4 - 158

Mapping cancelled :(

Not burning any oil, no smoke etc so i'm ruling out pistons rings but either way the head will have to come off to be checked and whilst the head is off, i'll be getting the rods done! (had a chat with Bill)

Going to try and get a cylinder leakage test done to give an idea where i'm losing compression > exhaust or inlet valve

Never straight forward with S3's :faint:

Jees ,, Bad luck mate, didnt you get your head reconned? any way the bright side is while its off you may as well do the rods then its worry free...
Need any help give us a shout..:icon_thumright:

No way man gutting, as said at least it's a good excuse to do the rods. Every cloud and all that

Jees ,, Bad luck mate, didnt you get your head reconned? any way the bright side is while its off you may as well do the rods then its worry free...
Need any help give us a shout..:icon_thumright:

Head was checked and i was told by the head shop that it was mint! It's Tufftys old AMK head :)

Loads of "could be's" but the only way i'll know for sure is when the head comes off...defo getting the rods done:icon_thumright:

Personally i think that it's a valve not seating right but it really could be anything...after all it's my car so might even find a hedgehog in there! :lmfao: