Sandips (strange) build thread

for fu<ks sake! Someone somewhere doesn't want me to see this vid.....

Vimeo **** itself at work, won't load on my phone, and now I'm home it won't load on the home PC either!

Why does the internet hate me so :(

Brilliant conversion and it looks spot on, v6 grumble :)

How would the N/A R32 engine weight up against an s3 running a 1.8T with exhaust system, TIP and remap etc?

Thanks for the feedback people!Greatly appreciated!

Gop- Thanks man, you should definitely come up to a meet up here or even if it's to one of the shows up north. Cumbria Vag 2012 is a good one! Try popping up! :)

Hoggy - Thanks mate, it's currently got Custom Code VVT Attack but it still requires logging and tuning specific for my car but never the less, it does move well! Quite brutal when launching and it's very decieving top end! Future plan is to charge it, just weighing up which kit to go for....

Dave - I had quite a nasty disaster with the 1.8T and that was the last straw, it had to go! Plus i've had nothing but problems with my 1.8T. I guess i'm one of the unfortunate ones :(

Karl - :) I'll post some better videos when i do the full write up once the custom map is complete. The badge will go soon!

Dusty - Hi mate, thanks for the comments :) yep, i'm glad i'm back on the road!!

Rav - Cheers mate, i've not got particular power in mind as it's always dyno lottery...but i'll will be doing some p box times and as it is now i think it should take a Stage 1 S3 comfortably...my opinion though through how it feels, only the times will tell the truth!

Dan-Jnr - Lots of fun!! The sound is very addictive! Handling has improved if anything...oh and my traction control is now working overtime!!! Will be dyno'd eventually and once the weather improves (stops raining) i'll be setting up another meet to do logs and p box times, 0-60 times :)

Tuffty - :) the badge will be going soon, you want it? lol

Prawn - I'll do some more videos' soon and i'm sure i'll see you at a show this year :)

benh999 - Thanks mate! Personally, i think a Stage 2 S3 should stay with me, p box times will show exactly how well they both compare

s3featesV9 - Thanks mate! :)

moredoor - Thanks mate!

I've still got a few final bits to iron out at PSI, only minor. Once these are done, i'll do a full write up of what happened with the 1.8T and i'll post videos and photos of the finished product and spec :)

The washer cap and coolant cap will have a colour change soon! More photos' and videos' in about 2 weeks along with the write up!
424568_297787500284579_263184307078232_813621_834056432_n.jpg

Very nice job there Sandip, sounds great and the new engine looks right at home in the S3 bay.

Look forward to more vids and pics, the car is sitting perfect and the sound for me is the icing on the cake!

Been hearing chat about your engine build and to be honest I never thought it would be that good.
No offence to you or the people doing the build, I just expected it to be another big turbo or large port build.
Its nice to see something different and the sound it amazing.
Might watch it in the car with my eyes closed when I'm on the ferry and dream.

The engine looks like it was made for that bay. Such a good fit.

Weldone and congrats

:icon_thumright:

WOW is all i can say Sandip,
not been on for a while as i have a new car, a LCR (Love it - i keep meaning to post up to update you all),
I saw this pic on PSI FB wall and wondered who it belonged to then saw the vid, it sounds awesome my mate has an MK4 R32 and it sounds the tits like yours and shifts too,

Its supprising how responsive the V6 is i have numerous videos of it launching, his is a Revo stage 2 and will leave a 263pbh VXR at the lights, traffic light GP is what its all about, and WOW if you get a supercharger it will be insane.

I keep thinking of coming to a meet again but you might BOO me away as i have a Seat now lol

Good stuff anyway and hopefully i will see it in the flesh soon

Just seen what you have had done Sandip- nice one mate. There's no replacement for displacement..............+ a turbocharger on the side as it would be rude not to.

Brilliant conversion and it looks spot on, v6 grumble :)

How would the N/A R32 engine weight up against an s3 running a 1.8T with exhaust system, TIP and remap etc?

Haha quite equal at the moment i think after the other night ;) after i followed him to do some logs.
Sandip took me in it and i have to say it is awesome. I love the R32 anyway but having it in a S3 shell is just so weird, but a good weird!
The power delivery is immediate as soon as the foot goes down, and just pulls all the way. Quite deceiving actually because you dont realise how fast your going because your used to the turbo pull but let me tell you it was going fast.haha
Bits of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd. The soundtrack is awesome! i think sandips started packing spare underwear just incase he has a accident in his pants! it sounds that good! Outside it sounds even meaner with that classic rev down gargle and pop sound.
Overall the car is amazing.
Ive just bought a GoPro hero2 and Lee Wong (MutantFatCat) already has one so at some point in the near future im gunna make a little edit with some cool angles!
Got a bit of footage the other night so i might but a bit of that up later.
But yeah S32 all the way ! :) :rock:

Welcome to Facebook — Log in, sign up or learn more

Copied from Facebook

jjb soccerdome 12:30pm to krispy kreme 2pm

This month (26th feb) we are taking the union back to krispy kreme
doughnut café in Trafford park.

Meeting at the jjb soccer dome car park M17 8DD next to the chill factor 12:30 dinner time.
At 2pm we will convoy the short distance to the other side of the Trafford centre to krispy kreme
Barton Dock Rd M41 7PP.

The convoy is there so we can all hit the larger Costco car park as a group at the same time with out annoying Costco with cars going in and out all day as this seems to **** them right off :)

I'm waiting for PSI to give me the photographs so i can do a proper write up. And i've still got to pick up the crate full of all my old bits. Still not fully completed yet though lol

I'll be doing 1/4mile at GTI this year (hopefully) so changing the clutch and flywheel, i've been practicing launches, i need some serious practice!

I will be going over to R32OC at some point to introduce myself but just waiting for the right moment :racer:

Just so you dont have to click the link :) haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandip that sounds awesome mate, good work with the camera dan

Reactions: dancarpy
good to see you on sunday car looking good as allways probs cya at inters if not before

Please dont tell me elscar as in elsecar heritage centre near hoyland?

Sandip,
I saw your car on sunday, but as ever ive yet to meet you,
The car does indeed look like it was built that way from the factory.

What? Sandip was your car at UD's? Missed it!

Paul I think I see you as I was leaving? If I remember a face correctly, was you there with your Mrs and a kiddy?

That was indeed me,
I spotted the car and nipped back to the car and saw you leaving,
I was pointing out your front LCR spliter to the mrs as i have one to fit shortly on mine.
I realy need to remember faces lol