Your Views Please, 17'' or 18'' Alloys?

AudiS3Quattro

Reaction score
Hey,

I have just took my 19'' Daytonas off my S3 to sell.

I have just ordered some 18'' but they are not available until end of april as they are still being made, however they do have the 17'' option available now (It the caliber Vintage alloys if you's were wondering).

So in the mean time I stuck a set of original s3 17'' avus alloys on, and the car feels great.

I would like you opinion on weather to stick with my order of 18'' or change it and get the 17'' option now. I am not in any rush really, however I don't really want my s3 sitting on dirty rust wheels for a month or so.

Thanks
Paddy

18's definitely but don't get the Calibre's!! They got rinsed so bad last year and it's gonna happen again with the 18's. Sorry but i think you're silly for taking off the Daytona's, those wheels are awesome!! :)

18's definitely but don't get the Calibre's!! They got rinsed so bad last year and it's gonna happen again with the 18's. Sorry but i think you're silly for taking off the Daytona's, those wheels are awesome!! :)

what do you mean rinsed?

Apart from the standard Avus 17" rims, there's not many rims that look good on 8L S3's in my opinion, so 18s all the way for after market, with decent rubber if you care about handling.

7de4756d.jpg

4x 17 Inch Caliber Vintage Black and Polished Alloy Wheels With 205/40/17 Tyres - Topgear Alloy Wheels

they both look sweet mate !!!!
do you have any wheels you wanna sell as it sounds like you have a few sets ????
god im soooooooo fed up with mine

i was gonna get the calibres but went with the below in the end in 18's. 17's look great when super low and spaced out but not the most practical in my opinion.

It depends what you want from the car.

Personally i believe 17's will handle better, and will be more resiliant to pot holes and general **** roads, plus be a bit smoother ride as well as there is more rubber.

But obviously from a styling POV they wont be percieved to be as good.

I put function over form with my cars, which is why the A4's staying on 17's.