Noob needs help

MrStomp

Reaction score
Hi everybody i've just recently bought a 2000 a3 1.8t sport and I have a strange problem with it. When I accelerate its ok but if I ease off the pedal, even just slightly, the car seems to stall for a second and then carries on going. Apart from that the car is fine to drive. It ticks over at around 2000rpm on a cold day till It's warmed up then its fine. I also have oil inside the pipes leading from the diverter valve. I haven't had it checked with vag com yet so don't know any fault codes etc yet. Anybody got any ideas where I should start with this. Thanks in advance any help is appreciated. Sorry to sound so dumb but the last car I had as a project had plugs and points etc

A vagcom scan would really be the best place to start, if you let people know where you're based I'm sure you'll find someone local that will scan it for you. If you're anywhere near Stamford I'll happily scan it for you.

Cheers mate I'm based near radstock/ wells area in somerset. Does anybody know of a good place to get it scanned please?

Intercooler pipes with oil is normal, its from the PCV system, it dumps oil from the rocker back into the turbo intake pipe.

Problem could be a few things, dodgy maf, knackered coilpack on its way out.

Cheers mate i'll unplug the maf and take it for a spin. If its a coil pack I hope the audi recall about them is true and i'll ring them during the week.