80k Service in Sheffield (2001 S3)

I

imported_andrew74

Hi all, my car is due the 80k service (the dreaded service warning popped up today, 600 miles to go!!) and im in Sheffield. I have a couple of questions,

a) how much is the rough price from the stealers
b) anyone know any independants who do the same
c) does the timing belt need doing
d) car was a company owned one, no stamps in the service book (but in experience of previous bmws they did invoices rather than stamps) any idea how i can find out if there is a FSH? got cash knocked off as the garage i bought it from didnt know..
e) arent S3's fantastic, only stumbled on them by chance and am hooked!!

Thanks in advance!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dont know about the 80k service costs.

However I can help you with the servicing. You can go to any Audi dealer and they can check the service history, including any warrenty work it has had. Just take along the VIN (Chassis) Number and registration number. Ask them nicely and you may even get a print out. The print out isnt anything flash, but it does the job.

hi andrew i believe the 80k service is the same as the 40k so you need the big one with the haldex oil and filter change.
so a)in the region of £380
b)sorry dont know if there is any near sheffield theres 1 in nottingham but i would have thought there would be 1 in sheffield
c) i believe the timing belt should have been done at 60k on the s3
d)sorry no idea
e)yes they are

hope this helps and it doesnt cost as much as my 40k service did

cheers tony

andrew i'd second r88per.

Before i bought my car privately, i contacted the last audi garage to service it, not the place it was dealer it was purchased from and they could tell me all about the car.
Worthwhile giving your local dealer a call and asking some questions about your car.
40k service is about 320 up in scotland. Although i found out my brake fluid had not been changed at 20k, on the phone before i had bought it.

AFAIK, timing belt (and water pump) is done at 80k. Don't forget to get water pump done at same time. Part is cheap and will need replacing and by doing it at same time as timing belt you are saving a good few hours of labour.

there are quite a good few threads on servicing.

Cheers and enjoy the car - i do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't forget that the 80k service should include a cambelt change. This is not an easy job. I had my 80k recently and it cost £750 at AmD. It included nearly 6 hours of labour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

thanks for all your help!

will let you know how i get on

right...

ended up being quoted the best part of 750 english pounds by gilders...

needless to say i went elsewhere and i can thoroughly recommend Europa in sheffield, they did a fantastic job, the car drove and looked like new when i picked it up..

car took longer than they thought and my courtesy car was a 54' Merc C180 Kompressor, better than the usual A2!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, got change out of 500 and they did some other bits and pieces for me too !!!!!!!