billsten b8s & eibachs or AP coilovers

AARON77

Reaction score
its time to buy some new susspension!!!! :)
has anyone got any pics of their car with either of these set ups on as im not sure which ones i want to buy!!!!
also any good or bad stories on either kit would be good too

TBH the comparison you are looking to make isn't fair. £600 spring/shock combo against a cheap sub £400 coilover set up.

I have had both types on my A4 and all i will say is you deffo get what you pay for.

jus want to see the difference tbh
and to be fair 600 quid is cheap too i just need something quick as its mot time next month

£600 is a guestimate , more likely more expensive than that.

I found the damping on cheap coilies to be no better than std, but the ability to lower more to ruin the ride and handling. The B8's have awesome characteristics and damp very well, yet retaining comfort. All depends what you want.

If you just want to lower it as much as possible for as cheap as possible APs it is, if you want it a nadge lower but riding almost OEM but soaking up undulation in the road, B8's all the way. To match the performance of the B8's in a coilover you need to spend almost a grand.

This is mine on b8s and apex springs, brill combo

2f5615b4.jpg

£510 for b8s
£100 for the springs

Then fitting...

it looks V nice mate!!!
not that bothered about getting it really low just cant affor to spend a fortune at the mo so trying to find the best set up for around a 5 to 7 hundred poun budget???h dit that lot cost you ?? how much lower is it
looks sweet

Cheers bud,

I think it was £750 all in that was before the vat change.

I had eibachs before the apex springs it looked like this

DSC01015.jpg

The eibachs were very comfortable but they didnt really lower the car and The few mm lower that it is now has made the world of difference. It feels more sporty now a lot more confidence inspiring, it is a bit less smooth but it's by no means unacceptable.

I think it's about 30-35 mm lower

thats sweet ! the sort of drop that im looking for.
big difference in in height hey.
i defo dont want the eibachs thats for sure!!!
is the Ap set up gash then i havent seen a car with the on i know i dont want to firm, i hate that feels like it gonna rattle ya car to pieces???

No experience of them here dude, I think there are a few people with them on here, might have to see if they pipe up and let you know their opinion.

I'm very happy with my set up, and I haven't done arbs bushes or top mounts yet lol

comon lads see ya pics pls,
ive got 5/6 weeks to my mot and i really wanna get this right with the small budget that i have

Depends what you want from the kit?

If your happy with a set drop then the Bilstein B8's matched with a good quality set of springs is one of the best choices for the S3 in my opinion.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I want it to be a little lower than it is but I will be putting 18s on it at some point and I want it to be firmer than standard but not so firm that it shakes the car to pieces, i don't mind wat kit or combination I use it's just these two seem to get qute a bit of mention!!!!!

I should get my s3 back on the road in the next week or to on the ap coillies soon. Was told they would give the looks and performance with out losing too much ride quality and that they are a sister company of kw. Let you know when I'm back in it if you can wait!