Panel Air Filter or Induction kit?

JCAVY11063

Reaction score
Hi, just after a bit of advice.

What is better? A replacement panel air filter (green cotton, pipercross etc) or an induction kit?

Also what induction kit would you recommend between Green cotton or Jetex?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers, John.

The debate will go on forever.

Once apon a time everyone was all for closed airboxes and now everyone seems to be running cone filters.

I think the main thing to remember is that the 1.8T and K04 turbo love lots of air. Overall the best setup would probably be a cone filter (heat shielded) with 3" turbo intake pipe, a nice decent cold air feed from the front bumper, a front mount intercooler, and a 3" downpipe. With all this the engine can breath a lot more freely than as standard.

From my point of view I dont think it's worth going for a cone filter unles you have some of the other above mods in place to aid airflow. All you'll end up doing is sucking hot air into an already hot turbo into already hot side mount intercoolers, heating an already rediculously hot exhaust system.

Anyway, just my 2 pence ;)

People have been seeing very good gains using badgers 3"tip and a cone, dont think they see anyway near the same from a panel if anything.
I run a pipercross panel, standard one was knackered and thought id try it, you get more whoosing but apart from that not sure of the benefits, i will go heat shielded cone at somepoint with 3" tip

Westie, cheers very informative, but at this moment in time I haven't got the funds to make those changes. Would a simple induction kit with heat shield be any use? Ta

Panel vs cone, as Harry Hill would say, only one way to find out, FIGHT;)