Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Value of car?

Freezing in Moscow

Status

Value of car?

Help! What would you value my car at?

It's a 2001 "Y" Audi A3 1.8T quattro Sport 3-door in Ming Blue with a blue cloth interior. I'm the second owner and it has 45,000 miles on the clock. All the usual facelift spec plus 17" 9-spoke alloys, BOSE sound system, 6 CD multichanger, driver's armrest, vavona wood trim, interior light pack and an integrated Bluetooth handsfree system.

It has good quality matching tyres and has been well looked after - always serviced by Audi. The catch is that although it was registered new in this country, it is a parallel import.

Was thinking of trading up to an S3 but some the trade-in price I was offered made me fall over.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Freezing in Moscow

Status

Re: Value of car?

Cheers. Was thinking of starting it in a private ad at 10,995 which sounds about right judging from those prices, so you can imagine that 7k was something of a unpleasant shock!

Nose-biting wasn't all that occurred to me. I told him another London main dealer had offered me 9k (true) just before Christmas and he was like "oh um ah right really? Perhaps I'll see if I can improve on that offer and call you back" but I seriously doubt he will raise his offer by 2k.

I paid 13,300 for it in Sept 2003 with 29k up but that was not from a dealer. A similar car from a dealer was 15k back then.