In need of TAPE CONCERT Headunit!

Greig300

Reaction score
I've tried looking everywhere on the internet for an NON-BOSE tape headunit for my Facelift S3. Tried searching and searching for answers of will the CD Concert headunit fit in the dash and work with the CD changer in the boot?. So i decided to buy another Tape headunit cant find any. I bought one on ebay and thought it was the same. Until i tried fitting it and went DAM! its too small. it was for the pre-facelift audis and i realised it was a BOSE too and the front speakers wouldnt work. So after more than 2 weeks without music im in desperate need of an Facelift NON-BOSE headunit that has no faulty volume control and has a fully working LCD screen and ideally no marks on the front. Please help someone here must know! Thanks for reading my long dribble and for any help lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wud it be the same as the 1.8T? If so think I have one in my house?!

You can take in your old broken unit to Audi and they will replace it with a new reconditioned radio for £150. Yeah it's pricey, but you get a brand spanking new one, with a 2yr warranty and peace of mind that you know if the volume goes again, they will fix it free of charge. The reconditioned unit I got looked brand new. Although this was back in 2005...perhaps the price has gone up since then.

Alternatively check ebay and get the sellers to measure the width of the plastic fascia surround to check it fits...

would that defo fit my dash and work with my cd changer? oh and non BOSE if so....im buying :p

Thats out of my facelift s3 which came as standard.. along with the standard cd changer.
However it is a bose unit.
I always thought the bose was set via the Amp, and the bose logo for the headunit is switchable using vagcom.

Check with AndyMac in the audio subforum... pretty sure it will work.

I plugged that other headunit also from a S3... thought pre-facelift. It only played through rear speakers only... requires an amp?

The front amp just needs switching on via VCDS, all Audi HU's are the same, there are no Bose ones or non Bose ones. The wiring in the car dictates the EQ setting on the HU, whether you want the bass & treble controls to actually work, or are happy to have the "no highs, no lows, it must be Bose" flat EQ is set via an earth lead on the back of the HU.

AndyMac, interesting you say that...I bought an Audi-reconditioned Concert (for my pre-facelift S3) on eBay a short while ago and that was sold as a 'genuine Bose' stereo 'made by Blaupunkt' (this one didn't work out as the screen was missing pixels).

I now see people selling the headunits as either Blaupunkt or Bose - I didn't imagine there was any difference though.

Greig300, if the unit you bought works well, that's the fascia shape I need for a replacement (re. volume problems) - if you're looking to sell it please drop me a note.

Thanks,
Greg

Greig

5addc4a0-bfff-ca1a.jpg

5addc4a0-c017-cbe3.jpg

Don't know if it's any use pal

That's the one I'm after.

Greig300, if you're not taking this one for any reason I'll happily take second dibs.

Thanks

Well I was interested in hearing what Greig300 had, if he was looking to sell his and buy another.
He's asked here though so let's let him say if he wants yours first.

If a good quality headunit of that sort is available though, I am looking to pick one up.

Thanks

Heres some pics of mine ( i dug it out of my used car parts bin)
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Let me know.

Last edited:
I'll take it mate!

PM me your paypal address and I can send money over straight away tonight! :)

Prawny

Its gone now unfortunatly. Cheers Prawn.

Last edited:
Swift edit.... no one will ever know.