Wanted: Aerial base for my S3

Paresto

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an Aerial Base for my Audi S3 from '02, because my old one got washed away at the cleaners.... doh! I went to the local dealer and the man told me it would cost me around 200 pounds!!!? Is that even normal?? I do have navi intergrated through FIS, but does that make a big difference?

Part number is 8L0 035 501 G I believe( this is what I need )
15032011104.jpg

Can anyone clear this up for me, and sell me theirs! :laugh:

I picked one up from TPS recently, cost me about £45. (My car is an 2001 model A3 with no navi etc). The aerial I have looks very similar to the pic you have posted up. I'll get you the part number off my receipt when I get home tonight.

Oh, and if anyone needs the rubber seal for an aerial base, let me know as the one I took off was replaced a couple of years ago when I had the roof rails done by Audi and is still in great condition.

Hi, I just bought that exact part from Audi as I replaced mine last week. The A3 part is now obsolete, but the A6 part is identical. It looks like you haven't got the rubber ring seal in your picture, but you do get one included when you buy the part.

I can get you the part number from my invoice when I get home. IIRC it cost me abut £35-£40.

Alright great!

But what was that mad man talking about at audi's? 200 pounds... what part could that be?

Cheers

He may be quoting for the aerial mast too. That was an outrageous £50-60 on top of the aerial base as that was offered to me too! Then I guess factor in VAT and the price is getting on towards £150+

Part number I have on my receipt for my aerial is: S4B9051505 (S- superceded part). RRP: £ 41.67. This is for a complete unit, base, seal, serrated nut and mast.

Oh, the spare rubber seal I had has now found a new home....

Audi charged me 90 quid to replace mine :slapped: