Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 121 to 134 of 134
  1. #121
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    I didn't even see the eBay listing lol. Cheers for that. Huntingdon is only 5 mins away from my girlfriends house too so I might pop in and have a chat with them
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #122
    Prawn's Avatar
    My other car is a MINI!!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    9,361
    I had my custom alloy fuel tank for the mini made by AlloyRacingFabrications, I designed it, and they made it exactly how I wanted it, I'm sure they could make up anything you wanted, they do all sorts of round tanks and custom fit tanks for escort rally cars and the like
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

    But I know nothing so ignore me.

  4. #123
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I didn't even see the eBay listing lol. Cheers for that. Huntingdon is only 5 mins away from my girlfriends house too so I might pop in and have a chat with them
    Was thinking it needs to be baffled somehow to prevent airlocks etc when cornering/braking/accelerating... also so kind of internal swirl pot affair to act as a reservoir as above etc...

    The water meth kits supply tallish tanks which make it less likely for this to happen until the fluid levels get quite low...

    See what they say.. they may have done something before... I know AH Fabs have made a water injection tank before and list it on their website..

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  5. #124
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1445069
    Power wires need to be rated for 15/20 amp mate... the blue/green aren't...

    <tuffty/>
    Just been on the maplin website looking at the different types of power cable they do. None of it seems to show the amp rating.

    So, what cable will do the job
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  6. #125
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Just been on the maplin website looking at the different types of power cable they do. None of it seems to show the amp rating.

    So, what cable will do the job
    Halfrauds sell the cable... 17amps at least...

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  7. #126
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    Ok, it's all wired in and working fine. Just need to adjust the controller so that it wont come on till the latest it can so I can drive to bills.

    Only got water in it at the moment, hoping to get time to get some meth before the mapping but I dont want to go too silly until I've done my engine build.

    At the moment the jet is just loose in the engine bay. Can I remove the jet for the journey and just let the water pump out of the hose or is this not a good idea as the check valve is in the nozzle? If not I'll try to secure the nozzle down.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  8. #127
    <tuffty/>'s Avatar
    Badger 5 Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    15,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Ok, it's all wired in and working fine. Just need to adjust the controller so that it wont come on till the latest it can so I can drive to bills.

    Only got water in it at the moment, hoping to get time to get some meth before the mapping but I dont want to go too silly until I've done my engine build.

    At the moment the jet is just loose in the engine bay. Can I remove the jet for the journey and just let the water pump out of the hose or is this not a good idea as the check valve is in the nozzle? If not I'll try to secure the nozzle down.
    Use the 'test' function of the controller to clear the water from the tank (I assume you weren't silly enough to fill the tank and just put a cupful in for testing;P)

    Fine to undo the check valve/nozzle assembly but as long as its secure it shouldn't get damaged...

    I would disconnect the pump for the trip if you haven't fitted a switch to disconnect it at all... I normally bullet/socket crimp the wires to the pump so I can disconnect it as a fail safe if need be

    <tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

  9. #128
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1449017
    Use the 'test' function of the controller to clear the water from the tank (I assume you weren't silly enough to fill the tank and just put a cupful in for testing;P)

    Fine to undo the check valve/nozzle assembly but as long as its secure it shouldn't get damaged...

    I would disconnect the pump for the trip if you haven't fitted a switch to disconnect it at all... I normally bullet/socket crimp the wires to the pump so I can disconnect it as a fail safe if need be

    <tuffty/>
    Ah cheers. There 2 litres of water in the tank so under half way. My plan was to just leave the thing pumping water out to nothing. If not a good idea I'll disconnect the pump.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  10. #129
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    I removed the nozzle and ran the tank dry. Good news, the low level switch works

    I'll disconnect the pump for the journey to Bills but the controller will probably throw an error LED.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  11. #130
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    I think you guys should be using pure / deionised water, it would ensure no scale build up in pump, pipework, injectors etc. Less risk of pump failure. Also tap water has lots of chemicals in which maybe could have an effect?
    I can supply in essex area for small price, if you bring a container.

  12. #131
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    I have a water softener unit at home that takes out a lot of the scale so it's not such an issue for me.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  13. #132
    StaceyS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maldon, Essex
    Posts
    2,098
    I would be interested but managed to find somewhere at work with 25 litre containers full :whistle:
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

  14. #133
    RIP S3dave

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    7,167
    reply from Xenonlv just received:

    Good day,

    Thank you for your message. We want to inform you that indeed check valves are faulty and it was also confirmed by AEM. We will send you new check valves.

    Best regards,

    Ross
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  15. #134
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,273
    That's good news then Bill, at least AEM have recognised this and are acting on it. Like I said, Henry from AEM was very helpful and didn't hesitate in sending me out a new valve as soon as he'd seen the video of the nozzle dripping.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO