From Show... to GO

Status

Need a new sump, will this fit?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    second one looks very close to my apy sump
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

From Show... to GO

Status
    its going on an APY
    i think the top one is meant to fit APY? as it lists just about every other 1.8t, and i think there the same?

4th Gear

Status
    first one looks exactly like the one as well, but it will be lower grade of alloy alu.. which means could crack easier if you hit bumps etc
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

1st gear

Status
    the second one fits but cant see if the first one has the turbo return connection on it or not as im sure the a3's turbo return doenst connect to the sump
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi ­čśâ
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

From Show... to GO

Status
    so the second ones the winner?

SEAT LEON 1.8T GOLF MK4 AUDI TT ENGINE SUMP AGU on eBay (end time 23-Mar-11 16:02:40 GMT)
    or this, its genuine, but a few quid cheaper

4th Gear

Status
    they all have the same return oil pipe connection. it should work, and if you don't ever scrape your car then it makes sense to go for the first one.

From Show... to GO

Status
    its been banged/cracked and welded by the previous owner, but the weld touches the sump plug, so that doesnt tighten properly, so it has a very small oil leak

4th Gear

Status
    mine was the same I took it off didn't realise how bad it was so i put the same crap back on. I would go for the new one if your car has not been lowered etc.

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coyle View Post
    so the second ones the winner?

SEAT LEON 1.8T GOLF MK4 AUDI TT ENGINE SUMP AGU on eBay (end time 23-Mar-11 16:02:40 GMT)
    or this, its genuine, but a few quid cheaper
    No good mate, no oil sensor hole on that one.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

From Show... to GO

Status
    ok, so the 1st one at ú40 which is new should be ok?
    if so i'll buy it now

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    I had a sump of Ebay and its been fine, Paid ú40 ish, Fitment was fine. Only thing was i cracked it when hitting a rock but that was my fault and got sorted with a line of weld.
    Black S3

From Show... to GO

Status
    I went for the new non genuine sump in the end, and the seller asked for my car number plate,

Ive had this email,
    Hi,

I've done some checking and this is not the correct sump for your car. This 038 103603L the one you need is 038 103603M

I will have to process a refund on this order.

Many Thanks
    Graham

is that right? i was under the impression it would fit?

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    No good mate, no oil sensor hole on that one.
    You can hit the blanking plate out, it still has the hole and threads for the sensor.... lol.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    You can hit the blanking plate out, it still has the hole and threads for the sensor.... lol.
    Ones I have seen don't have the fixing holes for the sensor drilled or tapped mate... can't speak for the copies but VAG ones don't that I have seen...

The copies look ok but make sure you use proper VAG sealant any sump using anything else that I have seen leaks like a sieve... just buy one with a sensor hole....

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Ones I have seen don't have the fixing holes for the sensor drilled or tapped mate... can't speak for the copies but VAG ones don't that I have seen...

The copies look ok but make sure you use proper VAG sealant any sump using anything else that I have seen leaks like a sieve... just buy one with a sensor hole....

<tuffty/>
    Eh? I've got an AGU one at home, an OEM sump, with the holes etc? Weird...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

From Show... to GO

Status
    he asked if it needed the sensor hole or not, as he does both types..

so i presume if i ask for the same sump i originally ordered, with the sensor hole, it will fit?