car wont rev past 1500rpm

rydinator

Reaction score
as the title states, my car will turn over and tick over but it wont rev past 1500rpm, i have tried everything pretty much:

fuel pump
cleaned the injectors
replaced the throttle body and maf sensor
and not long ago i changed the engine temperature sensor and lambda sensor

It seems to be intermittent as it was running on sunday although it wasnt boosting and then a loss of power and the revving problem

So what else could it be causing this?

already have mate, didnt come up with anything apart from

17967 - Throttle Valve Control part (J338): Fault in basic settings
P1559 - 35-00 - -
17973 - Throttle Actuator (J338): Lower Stop not Reached
P1565 - 35-00 - -

ive done everything it says to do on the ross tech website and still nothing, its doing my head in now!

it also wont let me do a TBA, and when i turn the ignition on i cant hear anything from the throttle body, although it was running and driving on sunday and then it done it again.

oh yea i remember you commenting last time lol, its just doing my head in, i dont want to keep bringing it up, but i just want it sorted. Yea i checked the wire it all seemed fine and it was a second hand one sourced off ebay, but i was assured it was fine. Do you think it could still be the throttle body though even though it has been revving past 1500rpm?

yea got a battery and that didnt make any difference, i dont like taking my car to the garage for them to tell me something i already know, thats why i want to try sort it out myself, but its been about 4 weeks now and i think im gonna have no choice in a minute!

Are the exact fault codes coming up on each throttle body? old one and ebay one? there might be some one on here who is selling one who have upgraded to the r32 TB

yea the exact codes were coming up on both of them. Its an agu, so its cable throttle. Could it be a faulty ecu? Vaccum leak? bad earth?

thats the thing, i dont know if it was ok before i got it, the person i got it off said it was working fine when he removed it, only way i can find out is to try one i definately know is working, but then i might put the same error onto there one! how could i go about checking the earths?

Having the same problem, but only when cold - revs drop to 1100 and stay there.
Throttle Body cleaned, nothing on VAGCOM, no vacuum leaks, MAF cleaned.
You had any joy?

Have seen a similar problem which turned out to be the crank speed sensor. When it revs does the rev counter go bananas and bounce all over the place?

No fault codes listed for this problem either, the CSS was a shot in the dark.