before and after pics of refurbed prefacelift headlights

Somebody mentioned about the wing mirrors, a splash of
Wd40 and a rub of a cloth, like new and
No streaks

ok so i saw this thread last night and as i got advised i would need new headlights for my next mot due to discolouration i paid a little visit to halfords this morning, i was slightly nervous doing the work but it turned out very well...

before, the camera doesnt really show how bad they were they had light a yellow tint to them

and after, they are like new
and just cos im posting pictures, heres one of my refurbished wheels which were done yesterday
SSL23657Medium.jpg

Nice one Kitchy so what method did you use?

i used what was detailed in the first post, bought 1500 grit wet and dry and soaked in water and then rubbed them down and then used autoglym paint renovator to polish them up after

I done mine again this weekend as I had one a little brighter than the other.
I followed the same method as before and had absolutely no drama at all, well happy with the outcome !!!
It's strange how it seems fine on some cars but not on others??????

I done mine again this weekend as I had one a little brighter than the other.
I followed the same method as before and had absolutely no drama at all, well happy with the outcome !!!
It's strange how it seems fine on some cars but not on others??????

Hi mate, what product did you use to polish them after sanding? Cheers

Hi all, I want to do this next weekend.

I have a few Noob questions please.

What is the best product to use? Brasso, paint restorer etc?

When you soak the wet and dry in soapy water, would fairy liquid be ok, or another soap?

When sanding is it best to do circular motions?

Thanks. Sorry for the basic questions but would very much like to try this, as one of my headlights is looking a bit tatty.

Hi all, I want to do this next weekend.

I have a few Noob questions please.

What is the best product to use? Brasso, paint restorer etc?

When you soak the wet and dry in soapy water, would fairy liquid be ok, or another soap?

When sanding is it best to do circular motions?

Thanks. Sorry for the basic questions but would very much like to try this, as one of my headlights is looking a bit tatty.

Greygate plastic polish is supposed to be good (apparently used by the RAF), or Meguiars Plast-X as a polish.

I never soak in soapy water, just water. And then when wet sanding just spray VERY diluted soapy water on constantly to keep the surface wet.

Sand in straight lines, and then when you change to a finer grade of wet and dry work in straight lines but perpendicular to the direction of the last grade.

Hope this helps!