MUSH Developments` S3

nice project

Some nice fabbing going on with this

Was there any more of them hose things from a golf in your scrappers mush? bin to every local scrapper and can i hell find them

You mean the 45 deg matrix connectors Andrew? I can certainly have a look for you mate. They come on k03 based 20vt engines on mk4 chassis cars. They have one straight connector like ours and then also the 45 deg one also. Will be saturday before i get a chance to have a look but ill pop my head down.

;)

Those wheels are a Votex Audi accessory wheel for the MK1 TT's, part number should be 8N0 071 498 666, quite expensive new, think they are in region of £350 - £400 per wheel new from Audi. I nearly bought a brand new set of four on that were on ebay last year for £350, but could not make my up my mind I liked them on the S3 or not!

Chris

Those wheels are a Votex Audi accessory wheel for the MK1 TT's, part number should be 8N0 071 498 666, quite expensive new, think they are in region of £350 - £400 per wheel new from Audi. I nearly bought a brand new set of four on that were on ebay last year for £350, but could not make my up my mind I liked them on the S3 or not!

Chris

cheers for that chris ill check that number out when i get the car back!!

You mean the 45 deg matrix connectors Andrew? I can certainly have a look for you mate. They come on k03 based 20vt engines on mk4 chassis cars. They have one straight connector like ours and then also the 45 deg one also. Will be saturday before i get a chance to have a look but ill pop my head down.

;)

Yes them things. lol If you could get 2 for me that would be great.

nice build mate,I thought I was seeing double when I saw this thread ! Same colour car,gt30 etc etc!

You got a similar build matey? Got a thread?

no thread mate,am afraid its hard enough to get time to get work on car never mind doing a thread!
I am just up the road from ya!

Aah jonny? I hear of your build through Chris. Would be good to have a deek sometime.

I , no probs
going to the bodyshop soon so i'll give you a shout when it gets back!
Who's doing your mapping for you?

Probably Paul Murray at RS tuning in leeds. He mapped my mk2 and i was impressed. Hes also had a little bit of input into this with regards to injector/turbo choice etc. Its not certain yet tho so im always looking. Any advice on who to go to is great though..

Probably Paul Murray at RS tuning in leeds. He mapped my mk2 and i was impressed. Hes also had a little bit of input into this with regards to injector/turbo choice etc. Its not certain yet tho so im always looking. Any advice on who to go to is great though..

Bill will always sort you out as u know he knows his stuff. dunno on ur distance however but most likely worth the travel for a project like urs

Bill will always sort you out as u know he knows his stuff. dunno on ur distance however but most likely worth the travel for a project like urs

I know he would do a spot on job but
its a long way for us lot up here to travel down to Bill's, Jabba's my normal port of call been there 4 or 5 times over the years

Jabba's my normal port of call been there 4 or 5 times over the years

Next time you're there ask them where the prices for my oil lines they promised are.... 2 weeks ago they promised to get back to me.

Not that I need them now anyway I grant you! lol

Yep as mentioned Bills is a whole world away, a whole S3 world away might i add. Lol But you never know theres plenty of time for all that.

Welly think youve made the right choice anyways, them lines are like mine and will be near as damn it indestructable!! ;)

Last edited:
Thats who will be doing mine when sorted...

Being a Development thread, it wouldnt exactly be right for it to stop even though i havnt got the car...

So ive done a little job after work today. One of the brembo bleed nipples as shown earlier in the thread was goosed and had to be extracted. However the other 3 were a bit manky so i decided as i was sprucing the brakes up, to order some new nipples and dust covers. I had two good dust covers so i ordered up 4 nipples and 2 covers and this is what arrived...

94927d99.jpg

Only just realised the covers have the brembo stamp aswell. Its the little things that make me smile...

a74869dc.jpg

So i mounted up the carriers in the vice, and bolted up the callipers, coating the retaining bolts with threadlock. And then screwed the bleed nipples in, ready for mounting to the car.

e919c842.jpg

920d2a53.jpg

And then put them to one side for another task..

c776c9dc.jpg

Brake pipes...

Im making up stainless braided hoses for the hardline to the calliper. Got the braided hose and the fittings...

f5e34c20.jpg

Just chopped the pipe to size with some sharp armoured cable shears, and then fitted the lock nut, and pushed the olive firmly onto the end of the internal plastic pipe...

69834387.jpg

And then fitted the fitting, this one a male convex fitting to screw into the calliper...

6a309aef.jpg

Then just chucked it into the vice and used a spanner to wind the locknut nice and tight so the olive is firmly crushed onto the pipe which is sealed onto the fitting ferule.

988b5187.jpg

And you end up with...

2c46d9b1.jpg

Did this again so ive got two made up...

12feb181.jpg

Im leaving the other side of the pipe blank until i get the car so i can measure up, and then cut to length before final fitting. So these go to the side until i get the car back...

19840aad.jpg

Only a 5 minute job but worth doing and better than paying stupid money for goodrich ones...
:cool:

And heres a pic with the carriers the right way round...

6aebe703.jpg

LOL!!

I was going to edit it mate but its all good fun i suppose.

:)

Nice, good work man. Waiting is the hardest part!

It aint the easiest bit though, im very reluctant to let anyone work on my cars as unless its simply out of my capabilities whether that be skills or equipment related. However i know its in good hands, people travel the length of the country for AAS systems so i know itll be mint. Anyhoo the wait is over (nearly) ive just went down to have a look and pay up for the work. My my it looks class!! Worth every penny, esp for the downpipe fabrication which is obviously a little more in depth due to the external wastegate.

I was going to get some pics but only had my iphone on me which couldnt pick it up too well, so thatl have to wait till tomorrow when i can get Richy back with his truck to pick it up.

Well, got the car back yesterday. So thought id put some pics up. It got dropped off nicely outside the garage..

618886ea.jpg

And with the bonnet up...

8f1721ce.jpg

Showing turbo setup..

82594102.jpg

And a better pic to show the two bosses for EGT and wideband lambda...

0f5373bc.jpg

Im chuffed with how this has turned out as space is obviously a limitation. It looks pretty damn good. Theres plenty of space to get some boost pipes in for the compressor outlet so that will be among the next challenges, however the setup has ended up closer to the strut brace than expected so that will come off till i can get that modified.

Where the downpipe goes down through the subframe.. Theres a nice big flexi joint at the bottom of this...

e4aca81c.jpg

Front section, i forgot to tell him i didnt plan on running the post cat narrowband probe so he automatically welded an extended boss to keep that happy. Aswell as another boss incase i wanted to run an aftermarket AFR gauge. Theyre blocked off and redundant now though.

61a7a9c0.jpg

Rear section...

52b9fd11.jpg

391a19ac.jpg

and a random rear one...

348163ad.jpg

That ends with some oem looking tailpipes...

44565976.jpg

Crap pics some of them but thats just me getting a few quick pics before putting the car away. On the floor holding me iphone up isnt the best recipe for good photos.

c8ae838b.jpg

Ill get some better pics when i raise the car to fit and bleed the brakes.

Been busy helping me pal fit some coillies to his mk4...

cbc58241.jpg

Andrew@ALD,

Got them fittings for you matey, pmd.

looks good mate. AAS always do a cracking job,used them for odd jobs over the years

Aye im well happy. Ive only ever used them for little modification jobs, this is my first full system from them. Funny thing is the spec i gave them was basically a 3" two box system with oem looking pipes, pretty much what they made for Gilly. Which it is but its still totally different to his. Both are great though!

Free bump just because this is an awesome project. Best of luck with it. I look forward to seeing the power and torque numbers when it's finished and how it drives. Well done so far :)

Cheers mate, just something to keep me busy... Lol

Sorry Mush, not intentional! I was catching up on your thread on my HTC and I have fat fingers :(

I'm not sure if I can remove a 'dis-like'?

Haha, not to worry matey! My fingers are a bit sausage like also!! lol

I replied as i thought if anyone dislikes something they would be good enough to comment also. But cheers for the support!

Chris

And that indeed is the part number on the wheels. Theyve got VOT05 stamped on the inside aswell so that must be the "Votex" stamp. Its nice to get closure on that, i really should have just searched the part number but never got round to it, so thanks again buddy.

Decided to get the car up on the stands and get the brakes and clutch sorted. Bolted up the brakes on the drivers side and then taped up the calliper before offering up the wheel...

a8bdb87a.jpg

There was obvious signs of contact, and that wasnt even all the way tight. I stopped as i seen it was close. So, needed to do some more digging. Whipped the wheel off to check the calliper width..

b0528667.jpg

Which shows up as being an exact 55mm from the face of the disk. This is the diameter across the face of the calliper.

However with the calliper removed and the wheel back on, the distance to the inner edge of the spoke to the disc, in the same spot where the innermost part of the calliper is 50mm...

20864aa4.jpg

So ill be needing at least 5mm spacers, with probably some headroom aswell. So maybe even bigger? The wheels are 8Jx18 ET33. Anyone any ideas what spacer to go for and where to get them? I may even have to space the rear out aswell so it looks right? Pretty confident theres space there inside the arch for this clearance, but ill have to check this before ordering.

Wasnt in the garage for long today as got lots on, but ive started thinking about boost piping and i may have to go down the passenger side of the bay and change the inlet manifold to suit as where the wastegate is fitted it doesnt leave much room for a left hand sweep with enough room to access the oil cap.

55b6ceb2.jpg

I could maybe fit a rocker cover with the oil cap on the rhs and attempt to keep the direction of boost travel the same...

Decisions decisions.... Thoughts please gents...?

Bill uses an earlier (I think) cover on his... the oil cap is the other side but needs push down coil packs not bolt down

SEM-8injector-2.jpg

<tuffty/>

Yep thats the badger (lol).

Hmm, so bolt down coils are`nt compatible... Think ill just stick with my cover for now then. This could obv go on and on so ill just work with what ive got. Lets see how funky i can get with the boost pipes...