Bought my new baby!

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi guys, no i didnt buy a child, i bought a 51 plate 1.8t quattro in denim blue with esp, the front loading 6 cd h/u? black leather interior, esp, coupe. dont know if i missed something but im well chuffed.
Bought it off a bank who sold it cos warranty just run out and it is in showroom condition and only has 29k on the clock /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It drives lovely, lots of torque. The power doesnt hold all the way through though, starts dying out around 5kish rpm. guessing boost runs out..
Wish me luck!

Congrats! Now get it chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks guys, it was the only 1 i liked that i saw.
i'll get some pics up as soon as i get my digi cam back.
Im not gonna get it chipped just yet, gonna save up a bit first and get some styling done and then chip it when i get the exhaust and induction kit on it too.

Can any1 tell me is it normal for it to sought of feel like it runs out of steam at about 5k? where do others with 1.8tq's change gears?
Also does any1 know when the peak, 180hp is in the rev range?

Hi pontio

I have a 1.8TQ and yes it runs out of steam just after 5k.
I have mine chipped and when I had this done, I got a rolloing road print out.
You can see on this that the torque curve plummets just after 5000rpm, so personally, I change gear at that point. I dont see much reason for going beyond IMO

congrats on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've not noticed this I'll admit. Mine seems to pull well provided you've more than 2k revs up. Sweet spot is definitely 3.5-4k though. Get it in the right gear with those revs and you fly!

If I'm really gunning it, then change after 6k but otherwise is so flexible in 6th that almost no need to change gear at all at M-way speeds.

stated figures are ..

231.2 BHP
243 lb/ft

standard figures were
189 BHP
188 lb/ft

The thing to think of is the difference between the before and after figures, not the actual figures as these can be down to an over enthuiastic dyno.

Remap was done by AmD
The difference is HUGE ... really strong pull from 2000 rpm on