Video of S3 6th Gear Acceleration

I

imported_gek

Following on from a post the other day about flat acceleration in 6th and the general "getting used to the speed" syndrome, I've become all paranoid so thought I would take a phone vid of me accelerating from 3000rpm in 6th.

Does it seem normal? Slower than others?

I would like to point out that the phone was wedged in the steering wheel, I had both hands on the wheel, and I was absolutely not on the public highway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vid

The file can be viewed in quicktime or windows media player I think.

seem'ed slow.. but if your doing that speed would be in between 3rd gear and then 4th and you'lll notice the difference

Not sure what you're trying to prove. What was the previousl link you mention? Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
monkeytrousers said:
Not sure what you're trying to prove. What was the previousl link you mention? Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original link was a .3gp file, which some people won't be able to view, so the follow up is exactly the same file but converted to .wmv

The purpose of it is just to ask people's opinions as to whether the 6th gear acceleration seen in the clip is normal for an unchipped S3, or whether it seems a little slow, compared to others.

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
"gek"

Has you car been chipped?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not chipped mate.

If it's just standard, then it would appear normal.

A standard S3 will not have the torque to pull in 6th at 3000rpm very quickly.

What you doing driving at 3000rpm anyway... 5000-5500rpm is where it's at!

Yes mate,

appears to be a touch on the slow side.

I would suggest trying the little rubber U shaped hose on the left hand side of the throttle body. If its all oily around this area the little hose is probably bust giving you a boost leak.

Order a Samco 130 Degree hose 13mm for around £15. cut it to size and fit it. Takes around 20minutes.

This is what was wrong with mine. Car felt ok around town upto about 4Krpm but crap on the m/way. Sound the same??

Cheers,

Stevie

Like the lighsaber young luke, lol.
May the force induction be with you!!

Looks fine to me, the cars geared for 150ish mph, what did you expect between 70-90?, drop it a gear I say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

seems slower than my standard s3.
As for pulling in 6th, i think somebody posted torque curves recently for a Standard s3 versus big turbos and there is torque at 3k to pull the standard car faster than that.
fix the prob and you can still drop a gear and be faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for all the replies. I'll have a check for boost leaks.
I've also been rather surprised by the fact that I can't get the average mpg to drop below 30mpg, which is too high I feel for the way I drive - 40 miles A roads, 70 miles motorway a day.

[ QUOTE ]
gek said:
Thanks for all the replies. I'll have a check for boost leaks.
I've also been rather surprised by the fact that I can't get the average mpg to drop below 30mpg, which is too high I feel for the way I drive - 40 miles A roads, 70 miles motorway a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its you MAF mate. I had this problem too. Drove 600 mile trip to England and back and got 34mpg! nonsense! New MAF and if dropped to 24mpg mosdt times but the performance fairly improved.

Deffinately this mate, I'd bet a whole £5.00 !

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Its you MAF mate. I had this problem too. Drove 600 mile trip to England and back and got 34mpg! nonsense! New MAF and if dropped to 24mpg mosdt times but the performance fairly improved.
Definately this mate, I'd bet a whole £5.00 !

[/ QUOTE ]

If I explain the symptoms to the stealer will they know it's the maf, especially if I there are no fault codes? Should I unplug it to force the fault code?