Anyone replaced front Audi Badge with a Black One? <Pic>

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Just after a pic request if possible - my Audi badge gave up the ghost finally and fell off after I shut the bonnet - turns out all the lugs bar 2 has corroded! So looking on Ebay I've seen a black one (Audi A3 A4 S4 A5 Front Grill Emblem Badge in Matt Black on eBay (end time 28-Mar-11 11:48:57 BST)) - just not sure how 'chav' it'll look though or whether to get a standard silver one again <no disrepect to anyone who's got one> - anyone have a pic of a black one fitted?

Thanks

I just did a quick search for you but couldn't find any pics. Most people prize off the badge with a flat head screw driver, sand the chrome finish so it's rough then spray it black.

I think it does look good on the lighter coloured car just a little too much black if on a black or ming blue car.

I did as Westle said. Removed the badge, sanded it down, 2 coats of primer and then 3 coats of paint.

Results below:
DSCF6180.jpg

Ooo thanks Gents.. Yeah I have a silver S3 may look pretty suited to that then....

My plastic lugs have all snapped bar 2 which isn't enough to keep it in place so I wouldn't be able to use my old one. :(

PS LOVE THOSE RIM! ONE DAY! ;) What's the ride like is it tres tooth jarring?

pic of my silver a3 with my matte black audi emblem... may help you decide.....
SL371657.jpg

Heres a picture of mine, but I have since gone back to a chrome badge, might swap it over again tomorrow for a change.

grill-1.jpg

Yep, easy to do DIY. I did the stupid thing and paid for a Sportec one, although I did the back badge myself:

Grille2.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg