AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

The thread for all fuel advice.... everyone please chip in

Finally this weekend i decided to brim her with the good stuff, tescos momentum 99. cost me the same as standard with there 5p a litre off so werent even too bad on the wallet, right.... so far ive used a quarted of a tank on the guage (i know its not totally accurate) but usually on a good motorway trip driving i get about 120-130 miles for that top quarter.... ive just clocked 150 on mixed driving and the cars loving it, no more burbling at tick over, nothing totally quiet, also slightly more responsive as well.

***fuel saving that i find works***
    when around town drive up to about 1800RPM and try not to get in the boost cus you will catch the honda jazz infront up and waste loads of fuel doing so... also smoothly on the throttle as well this is a bit thing ive found if i stab the throttle it dramatically changes the comsumption.
    when comming onto to motorways i seem to find that bringing it up to 3kRPM before changing seems to work well, but again being very smooth on the throttle, just a gentle ammount and let the revs climb higher before changin gear as well

everyone please add to this or tell me if you think im wrong, hopefully it will benefit everyone
    Mirror, Signal........ wave bye bye!!

Audi A3 1.8Ti
    a.k.a. binky the panda

2. # ADS
    ADS

It's never fast enough !

Status
    Hemel Hempstead (home) / Loughborough (UNI)
    I get ~ 40 more miles of town driving to a tank with the nice stuff IIRC only filled her up a few times on it but only run the good stuff now figured for the sake of around 3 a tank i might aswell
    99' S3 APY currently just 007p, Badger 5 TIP, Customised Miltek non-res cat-back, Jetex cone, H&R Springs and Bilstein B8 Dampers ... 3" Downpipe, AH Fabrications FMIC and R-Tech Re-map on the way

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    I don't ever put 95 in. Well, I can't now, but even when I could, I didn't.

It makes the engine much happier IMO. Less chance of pinking, better fuel burn, it's just all good for a few quid extra a tank.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Since I have had the car, i have filled it up with V Power, believe the previous owner used to have 95 in it.

Only ever used normal 95 if there is no V available, and that has happened a couple of times since I have had the car.

As for fuel economy, there are lots of things really, get yourself onto Moneysaving expert, lots of tips on there.