boosting problems

rydinator

Reaction score
ive been having a few running problems with my car recently, i sort one thing out and get something else, i guess thats the joys of owning a vag car lol! its an audi a3 1.8 turbo agu

Anyway my car isnt boosting now, ive tried the coil packs and n75 and neither of them made any difference, what else could i look for? boost leaks, maf sensor, spark plugs, ignition amp, blocked injectors?

I have used my vag com and it hasnt bought any faults up regarding the maf sensor etc, i dont really trust vag com nowadays anyway coz it either doesnt bring the faults up or brings the wrong fault up.

is there anyway that i can test the maf sensor?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nothing wrong with VAGCOM my friend, just how the faults are interprited... some fualts may be the result of another fault and not an issue with the part itself... really depends on the codes you get...

One thing that people don't think about when they lose a bit of boost is that the turbo can be tired... the K03 in particular seems to fall foul of this more often than nbot... seen a few Ibizas with similar issues..

First thing to do is do a proper scan with VAGCOM and post up any faults... do you have a boost gauge? if you don't its a worthwhile investment even if you don't fit it properly using it just for testing...

Next step would be to do some logging to see what airflow you are getting through the MAF etc...

<tuffty/>

dont get me wrong, i know there isnt anything wrong with it, but i have an abs light up aswel and also a flashing explanation mark and vag com does not pick up on either of these! and when i do scan it, i dont get any fault codes.

I have a low mileage ko3s on mine so i cant imagine it being the turbo, what about the actuator?

How do i go about testing the maf using vag com and what values do i need to look for etc?

What version of VAGCOM are you using and have you gone to the right modules to scan? if the ABS light is on then you can go to the ABS module directly and check fault codes from there..

Unregistered versions of VAGCOM don't do all the modules and measuring blocks if thats the version you have...

Here are a list of measuring blocks for the engine module..
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/

Block 002 will show you airflow... airflow should be somewhere between 150 and 160 g/s on a mapped A3

<tuffty/>