Bored of the S3, time for something new.

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
I've owned my S3 for a year now and having not really spent much money modding it i'm now very bored of it. Stage 1 map and yeah it's fairly nippy but i'm bored of driving a fast German armchair now.

I had a stripped out raw loud beast of a Civic before and the cars are worlds apart.

I miss that raw power that you only seem to get 'out of the box' from a Jap car.

I still need something big and fairly respectable due to work reasons and i was looking at B6 S4's but it's like driving a Sofa with a rocket on it.

So having always, always, always wanted an Evo, and now finally reaching 5years NCB i have got a fairly reasonable insurance price for one. To be honest the whole reason i bought the S3 was because i wanted something 4wd and turbocharged but i couldn't justify the £3.5k+ insurance costs of an Evo.

The S3 will probably stay for a while whilst i save a few more pennies and also need a few bits sorting bodywork wise then i'll get it up for sale.

I think it's safe to say it's never really been what i wanted it to be and all round i'm a tad dissapointed with it.

Still, an Evo VIII MR360 should feed my needs :eyebrows:

Last edited:
Evo8 and S3 running costs are worlds apart also mate, but yes, an Evo is a much better drive than any tweaked S3, you will not think about build quality or the price of super unleaded when you step on the loud pedal! :racer:

I was the same as you evo or s3, went in an evo, stupidly fast, but raw as ****...i certainly could not live with that everyday , honestly,totaly different animals and should not be compared..The plasticky dash was a turn off too creaking like hell

Yeah still whining haha!

I just haven't ever felt 100% happy with it..

It's the 'rawness' that i miss. My Civic was a loud, bumpy poorly built Jap motor and you're right, the second you stick your foot down your just grinning ear to ear. The S3's performance has never manged to even crack a smile on my face. ******* amazing build quality and reliability is second to none but i guess it just doesn't do it for me personally.

I want to get a few niggly bits done before i sell it so that it's in immaculate condition for the new owner so i'm sure i'll still have it for a fair few months to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm going the same way been looking for a non chav like WRX STI though, keeping the S3 as well as my daily/girlfriends car. Love my S3 but want a little bit more grunt and ease of making 400BHP

I'm waiting till I've got a pot to **** in and buy a clio sport to strip out and tweek. Is never sell the s3 though, its just too good of an everyday car that shifts a fair bit.
But when I'm feeling like a loony, the clio should satisfy that!

Haha yeah to be honest, if i had my own place i'd have an Audi for a dailey work car and have another stripped out lairy Civic sat on the drive to abuse on the weekends, thing is for me at the moment i don't have the room for 2 cars so i kinda have to kill two birds with one stone by getting a car that's practical size wise and i can turn up to customers houses in but that also satisfies my speed fixes when i need them :)

I'm waiting till I've got a pot to **** in and buy a clio sport to strip out and tweek. Is never sell the s3 though, its just too good of an everyday car that shifts a fair bit.
But when I'm feeling like a loony, the clio should satisfy that!

French, yuck!!!

Good luck with the Evo, I nearly bought one but the missus told me she wouldn't get in it as she'd feel like a chav! But, for those days when rawness is required I have one of these (well two at the mo ;) )

P1010677.JPG

I've driven lots of cars but in terms of pure driver involvement, nothing compares.

It's a shame you need something big, because if you want grin factor, a boosted MX5 is heaps of fun. They are fast and handle awesome.

I want an Evo 8 next year too :) I'm kinda swaying towards a blob eye Scoob UK 300 PPP. Not an STI as they won't insure me until i'm 25. My bro had a classic STI V5 Scooby doing 330bhp. I miss that thing :( I defo need an Evo or Scooby in my life next me thinks!!