Drivin along then BOOOOM!!!!!

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey buddies, just got hold of my new S3 yesterday. Took it out for a drive it was great. TODAY I decide to drive up to Birmingham with a friend, and not even half way up, the driver side window literally EXPLODES on my ***!!!! I was on the fast lane and eventually figured it was a stray rock that had it in for me flying from the on coming lanes (The other side) but could this be the explanation? or has anyone experienced this problem as well?? I've still got the shakes from the explosion, lol... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WOw - i'd not just be shaking, i'd be looking for a new interior!

Hope you are well mate.

The side window definitely shatter far easier than the front (as you would expect)

My only comparible experience (well not mine0 is when a Govan ned threw a small rock at my dad while seated in his car stationary. It shattered the window quite easily, hit him and even some glass embeddedjust above his eye! very luck to keep his sight in that eye.

So i'd imagine a tiny stone travelling at 70mph would easily small your side window. Just thank your lucky stars - you escaped with the shakes and nothing else.

But sorry to hear about day 2 in your S3. It gets better - MUCH BETTER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's always the way. I hit a badger and knackered my bumper and fog light after having the S3 for only a few days.

At least we weren't hurt in our incidents. As for the badger ....

Sorry to hear about your incident mate that would scare the hell out of me. When driving back from work a while ago i had a rock that was flicked up from a lorry driving down the A40 and it was coming straight for me but bounced off the windscreen i was lucky i thought the window was gonna cave in, the stone was ****** big ang guess i was lucky! Good luck for the future!

Hey guys. Yeah I guess I was pretty lucky to escape without a scratch. and the interior seems to be all ok. Made sure I got all the glass bits I could see and auto glass came over to change the window and clean everything up (ahh how nice of them). Everything is back in full workin condition. Now just gotta wait for the sun to come up

Sound like a scary moment/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, good to hear you're ok mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

At least your ok mate, you will be finding glass for years that stuff gets everywhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers tony

Yeah aint that the truth S3tony was finding glass a year after my last motor was broken into! Glad your motor is sorted Defratos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

umm good question ive not checked the paint code yet. got the list just keep forgetting to check it.

cheers tony

Hey how come your steering wheel is a 4 spoke and not 3?

Rich

There seems a lot of it going about at the moment! Sorry to hear 'bout it! I'd have jumped into the passenger seat LOL. Rich, you have a keen eye! Could it have controls on it?

jesus you must have shat yourself!!
have never seen that before! was it a stone or sth??

I had my s3 for a week when soem kant in a car park decided to rub my bump up so I have a little bit of cracked lacquer and a few minor scratches on the rear passenger side!

oh well I guess it will happen plus I live in london so you get wear and tear!

also drivign back to kent to see the folks over xmas and I went past a gritter lorry at like 70 mph!! I was like oh feck but only a few mnior chips on the front which was lucky!

it sounded like she had been shot with a shot gun!! thank god for red polish to cover it up!!

I noticed your steering wheel too, how come its 4 spoke with no S3 logo at the bottom. Is it a multi function one?

[ QUOTE ]
Defratos said:
and Back to normal. Hey guys how can I post more than one pic in the same thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to post more than one pic in a thread;

Host your images at photobucket.com or similar fee pic hosting sites and in your post, hit the "image" link in the "instant ubb code" box, then paste the url of your hosted image (this will be provided when you upload to photobucket etc.). Then just repeat ad neusea!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Defratos said:
Not sure if you guys are asking about my car, but I've got a multi-function steerin wheel, with no S3 logo. (just got the car second hand from ma local stealers)

[/ QUOTE ]

That would explain it then. Dont know why they cant to MF wheels in 3 spoke!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Defratos said:
Not sure if you guys are asking about my car, but I've got a multi-function steerin wheel, with no S3 logo. (just got the car second hand from ma local stealers)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we meant your steering wheel, i've never seen a multi-function steering wheel on an S3 before, and would have expected it to still have the S3 badge pressed in the bottom like the S3
3-spoke wheel.

erm .........no! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A Friend had this happen to him on the Motorway, better the Glass then a Side Panel at least, glad to hear no one was hurt.

Covered by Insurance?