help needed with my s3 i just got boosting issues!!!

joeshutt

Reaction score
hi people im new on here, ive recently got a 2001 plate s3 i have got a few problems that i wondered if someone may be able to shed some light on for me ....

basically when i put my foot down it boosts up fineto about 16 psi ish, through say 2nd and 3rd gear then sometimes hesitates and the boost drops to around 10 psi???

i have noticed the car had an aftermarket airfilter and a non genuine looking recircualtion valve on it ?? ive put standard filter back on but could this aftermarket and possibly cheap recirc valve be causing this????

if so would a forge 007p cure my fault...

also one more fault the oil level sensor light was on when i got it in yellow ... the bloke said i needed to change the sensor, ive done this and light is still on , ive disconnected battery and re connected it says ok intially then after about 3 mins comes up again... ive checked the wires to it best i can and they seem ok . does anyone know of faults like this ???

thanks guys

If your getting more than 10psi then your car is remapped.
10ish is right for a standard S3

ok see i dont know if it has been mapped but when i get into it first thing once its warm i boot it its boosts to more and is a lot quicker but if i hold my foot down for a while eg thru 2nd and 3rd it hesitates then drops boost to about 10??? as i say ive noticed a silver recirc valve thats not got a brand on it like ' forge' .... so if i buy a 007p could this cure my fault ?

thanks

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong but 10psi is low, standard S3 run around 14psi i think.

Sounds like you may have a boost leak and your oil pick/oil pump needs sorting

Check all the piping to ensure you have no splits/leaks first then try not to boot it until the oil issue has been fixed

If you have hesitation on boost then you could have a boost leak and more specifically on the fuel pressure regulator pipe. These are very poor, go hard and crack. Leading to boost leaks and poor fueling on boost. I would say 10psi is a little low.

This sounds like you are triggering limp mode for some reason. Limp mode is normally triggered by a split boost hose or a faulty N75 valve. You first port of call would be to try a different DV, a standard one is very cheap from Audi. If that doesn't cure your issue then there are a whole host of things to try.

Get your oil pickup checked though because driving around with oil starvation or bad pressure = knackered engines.

hi cheers mate , i am having the oil light looked into on thursday next week as it comes up line fault on the vagcom, so ill see what they say but i think the loom is alright, and for my boosting it boosts around that yeah but then drops to about 12 , as i said it has a moody re-circ valve on it and i was wondering if that could cause and issue so ive ordered a forge 007p today and when that comes ill fit it and see how it is,

thanks again

S3? Yes, that's low :(

Could be a number of things that could cause that to happen, had it scanned/logged recently?

yep S3.
ive just replaced near enough all my hoses for silicone, and didnt find any splits.
it boosts up to 10psi, then sits there perfectly, no ups or downs, and it made 226bhp on bills RR, its only an APY which should be 210 standard

Boosting issues are a whole world of pain, i've had mine for a year and never found the fault, i;ve changed pretty much everything from MAF's, to MAP's, FPR, actuator, hoses etc etc etc

Good luck is all i can say to you and your bank card mate :(