Mystery Spoilers on A3?

TheButtonz

Reaction score
Was out shopping and stumbled accross this example. I hung around for a bit but missed the driver unfortunately.

Although they were in a bit of a state, does anyone know the bumpers? Are these standard S3 ones? It looked like a debadged A3, but it was lowered perfectly and exactly how I want mine to look. They were a slightly different tone to the car.

The wheels were 18" so I am confident that I can get mine that low too now :D

I was also dead jealous of the headlights - exactly what I want!!!

Last edited:
chrome angel eyes are made by FK

theyre like mine but chrome rather than black.

chrome angel eyes are made by FK

theyre like mine but chrome rather than black.

I'm on the fence for either black or chrome. Black may look a bit too 'modded' on my car (because it's white) but chrome looked nice on this blue vrsion. The black look wicked on yours too.

If I got the black ones, i think I'd spring for the black rear lights too.

It's the same front bumper as my car it's a optional extra from Audi but it usually comes with side skirts and a rear valance too. They're as rare as rocking horse poo !

ahhhh the plot thickens. Thats great thanks. At least I know mine can be lowered.

Here is a direct comparrison for the lowering anyhow

Last edited:
the rear bumper seems absolutly stock with only a cut out for the exhaust tip.
on the front: now that not a complete bumper only a front ,,add on'' do a ltle search on ebay and it coud be yours....
but rather take a look at: www.nicedeals.co.uk and search for audi a3.I've senn a huge range of headlights,tail lights, oem and aftermarket exterior stuf (bumpers,skirts,spoilers,add ons,grills...etc)and prices loook good too. i know I'll be shopping there when i'll get to the stage of exterior mods on my a3

nice deals are very reasonable on lights etc for standard options compared to main dealer. Their body work ive used in the past and its all be good quality and fit.

Wow that site is great! I'm going to have a look there.

I doubt I will ever go full bodykit, but I may choose to tidy mine up a bit... ;)

the front bumper isn't the same as Don's. it's just a replica made from fibreglass. the proper ones are made from plastic I believe, and wouldn't shatter like that has.

The kit from the factory was called Projectz two, and as Don says, it's pretty rare. Looks pretty daft with just the front though.

Also, to go low you'll need to change the front anti roll bar or it'll rub.

Aside from that, going as low as the car above shouldn't be an issue at all. Mine's loads lower than that, and I cover 400 miles a week without any issues :)

the front bumper isn't the same as Don's. it's just a replica made from fibreglass. the proper ones are made from plastic I believe, and wouldn't shatter like that has.

The kit from the factory was called Projectz two, and as Don says, it's pretty rare. Looks pretty daft with just the front though.

Also, to go low you'll need to change the front anti roll bar or it'll rub.

Aside from that, going as low as the car above shouldn't be an issue at all. Mine's loads lower than that, and I cover 400 miles a week without any issues :)

Thanks for all the replies. :) at least we know now!

Seeing that massive hole in the front was a shame anyhow!

Regarding the front wishbones, is this expensive / difficult? I was discussion this with a stranger (not at all creepy) and he mentioned this too. I'm desperate to drop by 35mm or so but don't want to render the car unusable.

Yeah mines a plastic moulded original and your right prawn it looks kack without the rest of the kit!

35mm lower than standard shouldn't be a problem,

It's once you're 40mm or lower that the ARB starts to rub terribly!

Thanks Prawn - I was worried but It sounds like I might be ok... I looked into the wishbone thing and it looks like an extra 200pound or so, so I'd ideally just lower via the springs to an mnimum and be happy with that. Mine just looks a little too propped up at the moment. Do you think that 35mm will still be OK with 18" wheels?

Before I do any of that work, I need to get the engine running right and the busches done. Driving over so much as a pebble results in a BANG from the rear wheels...

Steve Bain - that is epic! Can't belive you found the exact one. Don't get me wrong, I do look before starting threads, but there's such a massive sellection out there that I fgave up and thiought I'd start a thread. Can't belive how helpful this forum is - i just hope that I can repay the help somehow!

Thanks again people

Last edited: