Which induction kit to go for?

i dont believe he will be asking to buy one... he got himself a more proven forge tip apparently.. :D

If he ever does ask for a 3" TIP just send him the standard crappy TIP with a 3" silicone coupler attached to the bottom of it... there you go, a 3" TIP LOL

+1, I swear I use more petrol now just so as I can hear the DV

Hi Dane - can I ask what the 3" TIP and Jetex filter sound like on the motorway and generally cruising? (Presume you have the standard OEM Exhaust?) I.e It's not to boomy/dronney is it? Obviously I'd expect it to be louder but it's not to intrusive in the cabin is it when cruising at say 70 - 80mph? I often do some late night driving you see and at 2am coming back home and the last thing I want is a headache lol... Thanks your feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Mines running a standard exhaust and 3" TIP and the only difference in noise is when you're on the throttle (you can hear the filter drawing air) and when you initially come off it (DV dumping). I regularly sit on the motorway at 70mph with cruise control on and you can't really tell the difference until you come to a hill and the car adds throttle, even then all you really hear is the slight sucking of air through the filter :)

The only exhaust note change I've heard is when you pin the throttle from low revs (this is accompanied by a lovely rumble/gargle) and when you're high up the revs on WOT the induction roar is pretty savage.

If you're local to Dane or myself then one of us could take you for a spin if you want to hear it.

Mines running a standard exhaust and 3" TIP and the only difference in noise is when you're on the throttle (you can hear the filter drawing air) and when you initially come off it (DV dumping). I regularly sit on the motorway at 70mph with cruise control on and you can't really tell the difference until you come to a hill and the car adds throttle, even then all you really hear is the slight sucking of air through the filter :)

The only exhaust note change I've heard is when you pin the throttle from low revs (this is accompanied by a lovely rumble/gargle) and when you're high up the revs on WOT the induction roar is pretty savage.

If you're local to Dane or myself then one of us could take you for a spin if you want to hear it.

I think i'll be breaking open my piggy bank for my trip to Bills next weekend.

If he ever does ask for a 3" TIP just send him the standard crappy TIP with a 3" silicone coupler attached to the bottom of it... there you go, a 3" TIP LOL

Or send him a massive dildo. Works on two levels. Firstly, he is one. Secondly, I'm sure you could get one with a 3" tip.

:lmfao:

This is pretty much it, best of both worlds really.

Super thanks guys - sounds ideal. Was just concerned about a constant drooooone when cruising - it's when you invite it and give it the beans then it generally it turns into a jet engine.