EM TuningBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RIP S3dave

Status
    i dont believe he will be asking to buy one... he got himself a more proven forge tip apparently.. :D
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

2. # ADS
    ADS

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    i dont believe he will be asking to buy one... he got himself a more proven forge tip apparently.. :D
    If he ever does ask for a 3" TIP just send him the standard crappy TIP with a 3" silicone coupler attached to the bottom of it... there you go, a 3" TIP LOL
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    +1, I swear I use more petrol now just so as I can hear the DV
    Hi Dane - can I ask what the 3" TIP and Jetex filter sound like on the motorway and generally cruising? (Presume you have the standard OEM Exhaust?) I.e It's not to boomy/dronney is it? Obviously I'd expect it to be louder but it's not to intrusive in the cabin is it when cruising at say 70 - 80mph? I often do some late night driving you see and at 2am coming back home and the last thing I want is a headache lol... Thanks your feedback is much appreciated.
    Last edited by fran-s3; 10th March 2011 at 09:03.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Mines running a standard exhaust and 3" TIP and the only difference in noise is when you're on the throttle (you can hear the filter drawing air) and when you initially come off it (DV dumping). I regularly sit on the motorway at 70mph with cruise control on and you can't really tell the difference until you come to a hill and the car adds throttle, even then all you really hear is the slight sucking of air through the filter

The only exhaust note change I've heard is when you pin the throttle from low revs (this is accompanied by a lovely rumble/gargle) and when you're high up the revs on WOT the induction roar is pretty savage.

If you're local to Dane or myself then one of us could take you for a spin if you want to hear it.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Junky View Post
    Mines running a standard exhaust and 3" TIP and the only difference in noise is when you're on the throttle (you can hear the filter drawing air) and when you initially come off it (DV dumping). I regularly sit on the motorway at 70mph with cruise control on and you can't really tell the difference until you come to a hill and the car adds throttle, even then all you really hear is the slight sucking of air through the filter

The only exhaust note change I've heard is when you pin the throttle from low revs (this is accompanied by a lovely rumble/gargle) and when you're high up the revs on WOT the induction roar is pretty savage.

If you're local to Dane or myself then one of us could take you for a spin if you want to hear it.

I think i'll be breaking open my piggy bank for my trip to Bills next weekend.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Troopa View Post
    If he ever does ask for a 3" TIP just send him the standard crappy TIP with a 3" silicone coupler attached to the bottom of it... there you go, a 3" TIP LOL
    Or send him a massive dildo. Works on two levels. Firstly, he is one. Secondly, I'm sure you could get one with a 3" tip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    I think i'll be breaking open my piggy bank for my trip to Bills next weekend.
    Is that next weekend dude? I'll see you there then! lol.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status

This is pretty much it, best of both worlds really.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Is that next weekend dude? I'll see you there then! lol.
    Yes bud the 19th. There with S3Baby and Finese.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status

Super thanks guys - sounds ideal. Was just concerned about a constant drooooone when cruising - it's when you invite it and give it the beans then it generally it turns into a jet engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12