A3 Quattro CAI install pictures but dreaded snapped clutch 2night :(

a3 quattr0

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here is a pic of my cold air intake fitted
a3QCAI.jpg

But 2nyt i shifted into 2nd and the clutch pedal slammed to the floor.

Iv read up about this common fault. Just wondering on prices of the clutch pedal unit and if i should buy a new unit or a used unit.

Is it worth buying a new master clutch cylinder as i heard this can be the reason the clip snaps as its giving too much resistance.

Any advice greatly apreciated and enjoy the pic.

Same happened to mine about a year ago now. The first garage I went to tried to sting me for the works like master cylinder amongst other things with it costing a total of £500 :sadlike:

So I went to another garage who simply fitted me the new pedal which ended up costing me £75 fitted :eyebrows:

Hasn't snapped since, despite the first garage saying it would.

I welded mine back together and strengthened it at the same time....... is that CAI Filter not gonna get all wet and full of crud way down there ???

The cai shouldn't get2dirty but ill keep a close eye on it and the sound it makes is immense.

Now the clutch pedal....I called my friends parents garage and told them I need a new clutch pedal unit. They said that I need to buy a bracket (£8) a new pedal (£21) and the clips (£4). Are these the parts I need. also any advice on how I would know the pedal weilds snappd like where should I look on the pedal as I couldn't find anything that fell of in my footwell.

Any advice greatly apreciated