Fly eyes kit?

audi-tk

Reaction score
Anyone done this to there 8l headlamps in black? Seen it on the tt's looks ok but want to see pic on a3 . Thanks

There's been a few lads on here done theirs. Just need to remove light units and bake in the oven until you can open the seal iir. Looks really good when done. Sure someone will be along soon dude

There like a vinyl honeycomb that wraps around the light lens it looks like the honeycomb effect on real flys eyes hence the name it give the lights a tinted look hope this helps describe them lol

16112010300.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-16
16112010299.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-16

That looks sweet mate. Are your headlamps chrome on the inside? I've been reading up and takes minutes just heat them on with a hair dryer once in place. Would you say these would look a bit odd on the 2 peice headlights? Didn't think the kit would make much difference to the chrome headlights as they are very shiny. Only seen people do it to cars with headlamps where the inner is black :(

Go to fly eyes in google and go to main site and watch the demonstration videos :)

No offence Dave but they look like fish net tights LOL. I've seen a few people do this too. How about Lamin-x?

That looks sweet mate. Are your headlamps chrome on the inside? I've been reading up and takes minutes just heat them on with a hair dryer once in place. Would you say these would look a bit odd on the 2 peice headlights? Didn't think the kit would make much difference to the chrome headlights as they are very shiny. Only seen people do it to cars with headlamps where the inner is black :(
Yeah chrome inside takes 5 mins to fit...get bored with them and it just peels off...

iv done this as well but all round including side indicators look good in the flesh better than standered lights

I have some on my fogs, mostly because it's so cheap. The spry wouldn't put up with the pounding the front end gets and kept chipping off

Dave i always thought yours were Lamin-x'd so they do look very good! Where do you get this stuff from? Is it hard to apply?

I'm feeling the fishnet tights look ;) . Any way as my headlights are two piece and 1 of the ndicators seal is broken causing the water to fill up indicator, I've seen a replacement set of indicators on ebay (search black indicators a3)with the inner housing black. Was thinking of getting these and tinting just the main headlamps as the side indicators would be black. What you lot think? Need opinions please people :D n thanks for replies and pics

Last edited:
Dave what colour and size did you go for on yours??