Project quattro / Don's track toy

Don's A3 TTu

Reaction score
2001 Audi A3 1.8T Quattro ARY code
revo stage 3, gt2860rs, 550cc genesis injectors, K&N cold air pipe, 3" S3 MAF, braided oil feeds, forge motorsport black silicone hoses, forge recirculating dump valve 3" down pipe, forge intercooler, H&R coilovers and roll bars, aem air/fuel and boost controller, brembo gt kit, OEM audi sport kit, sports cat with SS exhaust, EVO 8 bucket seats , totally stripped 137kg removed, deisel geek short shift linkage, powder coated rocker and inlet, 18" R8 rims custom painted in gun metal grey and black, powerflow twin exit exhaust, Kamei rear bumper adapters, H&R 15mm spacers on rear, 10mm on the front, polyurethine bushes.

i said ide put some new pics up of the motor but my old thread below was a bit off a mess so this will be my new thread that i will update as and when i can

my old thread
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/109604-350bhp-2.html

Last edited:
2522-img-2735zz.jpg

2523-img-2733zz.jpg

2506-img-2732zz.jpg

2508-img-2731zz.jpg

2509-img-2730zz.jpg

2507-img-2729zz.jpg

2519-img-2736zz.jpg

2516-img-2740zz.jpg

2520-img-2737zz.jpg

2514-img-2728zz.jpg

2513-img-2723zz.jpg

2510-img-2722zz.jpg

2521-img-2741zz.jpg

2518-img-2721zz.jpg

That does look sick mate :).

What rear bumpers that?

That does look sick mate :).

What rear bumpers that?

they just glue on to the standard lower bumper they are made by Kamei got them off ebay a while ago
and i custom made the exhaust surrounds from an old bumper i had

Last edited:
Put the tail pipes up into the black bit, that would look better, more oe looking if you know what I mean
they are a little already you just cant really see in the pic, when i first had the exhaust fitted i asked for it higher but they said that they couldnt fit them any higher because it would be a fire hazard

Everyone is going track car mad and I love it. You're car looks nice Don.
cheers westle! its all about stripping one of the best things ive done to improve the overall performance of the car! such a different drive now

Looking great mate! Didn't realise you were fairly close by, I'm in basingstoke and work in Guildford. If you're going to be at Ace next month I'll come along!

Looking great mate! Didn't realise you were fairly close by, I'm in basingstoke and work in Guildford. If you're going to be at Ace next month I'll come along!
ah no way im in esher so only about 15 min from guildford im definatly up for ace next month!

can anyone see my pics on my second post there not showing up on my pc???!!!

Last edited:
ive been looking at clutch kits for my car, ive been quoted £1020 for a helix ceramic paddle clutch, single mass fly wheel, pressure plate and release bearing. i spoke to C G Motorsport they only supply duel mass with there clutch kits so im looking for a single mass kit that can handle 350/400+bhp (for when i do internals) any info or reviews of your clutch kits would be apprieciated.....................

It's not so much bhp, but torque that kills clutches Don,
What torque is the beast producing?

Could always speak to Alex at Backdraft again and ask his opinion as his old Ibiza was 400bhp so could go for similar spec stuff depending on money

no way i was watching your car on youtube last night thinking hmm its a good idea great car

Could always speak to Alex at Backdraft again and ask his opinion as his old Ibiza was 400bhp so could go for similar spec stuff depending on money

I might call them but I had a bit of a falling out with them when my turbo worked itself loose from the manifold. They stripped the turbo down to get to the bolts when they put it back together and started it up it started smoking really bad! One of the sills had gone on the turbo !!! They tried saying they had nothing to do with it Yet when I drove it up to them it was fine I was just loosing pressure cos the mani/turbo bolts were loose. Cost me £550 for a new turbo and now my air/fuel gauge is knackered and my sports cat.

Maybe just unlucky tbh. Alex is one of my good mates and my gf`s best mate and he`s not the sort to do a half ***** job or fob people off.

Maybe just unlucky tbh. Alex is one of my good mates and my gf`s best mate and he`s not the sort to do a half ***** job or fob people off.

Yeah alex is good at what he does but it was the apprentice(Can't remember his name) that worked on it that day!

Ah that might be why then lol. Steve maybe? cant remember for sure.

Haha Dave i dont think so :p His boss doesnt let him do much private work anymore so discounts are pretty much a thing of the past.

car looks awesome mate, certainly very different to what is usually on this site! I work in guildford so not far away! maye me you and prawn should have a meet sometime, all in the track toys!

car looks awesome mate, certainly very different to what is usually on this site! I work in guildford so not far away! maye me you and prawn should have a meet sometime, all in the track toys!

Yeah definatly you up for ace cafe next Tuesday then ?

possibly mate, is that the one in london? are you going?

Looks like the next VAG night is April 26th. I would go, but I'm on holiday :(

Ah it'll have to be next month then!
Yeah Plunky it's just by hanger lane on the north circular. I'm definatly going this month

I'll be at ace cafe this Tuesday 26th cars all waxed and looking fresh hope to see some of you there!!!

The car looks great all stripped out. I still love those seats. Im glad its still going well. How is the family?

That apprentice (Curtis) doesnt work for us anymore. He actually builds the new Mclarren GT3 cars now! It would be great to see you and the car back up at the shop sometime.

I recognise that Ibiza...

it bares a striking resembleance LOL

Last edited:
This is one awesome project! You're tempting me to grab another 8l and strip it down for the track. Too bad they're next to impossible to buy around here.

where did you get your downpipe and TIP mate? was it off the shelf or custom made?