F.A.O people with half leather / alcantara seats looking tatty

Ashley g

Reaction score
I've owned My S3 now for nearly a week now and thought today was a good day to give it a much needed valet!
My seats are half leather, half alcantara and were quite badly worn looking with some serious "bobbling".
Some of you may already know this, but today I sorted them so they look good as new for the grand sum of 99p!
I literally shaved them with a packet of disposable razors to remove the bobbling and wear, and half an hour later they were looking mint!
I'm still to give them a good clean as I'm unsure as of yet what to clean them with, but they look 1000 times better than the did.
And no, I didn't use shaving foam or after shave!!
So if anyone's seats are looking a bit worse for wear, for 99p and half an hour, you can't go wrong!

Making Me love My new car even more, despite spending a bit on it already :sm4:

Or you can use a remington fuzz away to get the same result ;)

I'd recommend RaceGlaze Alcantara Cleaner to clean them with.

Nice, I was thinking of cleaning my tomorrow! They do easily get grubby. I just used autoglym interior shampoo previously which has brought them up nice

Or buy a 'Bobble Off' from JMC, available in all good Boots stores nationwide. R.R.P about £6.

Just ordered some now from Polished Bliss... I have used Megs all purpose cleaner (very diluted) in the past which works ok but it always worries me when I use it as I have read some pretty horiffic stories if you get it wrong... there was even a specific alcantara cleaner (not this one) that ruined the interior of a S8 once as the headlining etc was alcantara too...

If PB sell it then I have no issue using it :)

Or buy a 'Bobble Off' from JMC, available in all good Boots stores nationwide. R.R.P about £6.

I bought a cheap one from ebay...
LINT REMOVER CORDLESS FABRIC WOOL BOBBLE SHAVER *NEW* on eBay (end time 19-Mar-11 11:45:33 GMT)

Works well :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

The Raceglaze stuff turned up today... does yours have a kind of white sediment in the fluid and is it supposed to smell like ammonia?

<tuffty/>

I don't recall any sediment? Have you given it a good shake? I also don't recall it smelling of amonia! I'll check mine tonight.

It may not be ammonia mate but it smells strong and similar to ammonia... just had an email from Polished Bliss though suggesting this is normal for the product...

<tuffty/>

Ok, I checked my bottle last night and it does smell a little of ammonia but it doesn't have any sediment. It might need a good shake as mine is a little 'gloopy' in texture.

I have always used the JML Bobble off, does the trick and for a fiver, you cant go wrong.