Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Ecu swapping

speed thrills

Status

Ecu swapping

Hi gents I've managed to obtain a remapped ecu that was mapped by amd on a golf agu with very similar mods to my agu a3 now am I nieve in thinking it will straight swap if not I've heard it can be linked to my car via vagcom but that's out of my league what do u guys think?

2. # ADS
    ADS

www.optimumtuning.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboman-a3 View Post
    Hi gents I've managed to obtain a remapped ecu that was mapped by amd on a golf agu with very similar mods to my agu a3 now am I nieve in thinking it will straight swap if not I've heard it can be linked to my car via vagcom but that's out of my league what do u guys think?
    The car will not run with this ecu as the keys wont match immo data in the serial eeprom. You need to swap the serial eeproms over or make the ecu run immo free by changing the immo data in the serial eeprom and dont attempt it yourself with a normal soldering iron!
    Also is the ecu bosch part number the same?
    2001 S3 8L, CR Turbos hybrid k04, Forge DV, silicone TIP,BBS LM reps.

www.optimumtuning.co.uk

Status
    I think You would need key skc pin code to do with vag com
    2001 S3 8L, CR Turbos hybrid k04, Forge DV, silicone TIP,BBS LM reps.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes it can be done. Either you need to immob defeat the ecu which will disable the immoboliser on the new ecu or you can re-sync the keys to the new ecu and immob. To do this you need the SKC code, which if you don't have you'll need vagtacgho or similar to get the code. Not really necessary to remove the serial eeprom as it can easily be got via the obd port. Once you have the skc, you can recode by using the same vagtacho software but I've found it a little flakey, where as it's a doddle with vagcom, although you have to have a full version to be able to do it.

To be fair it's not a difficult job the only problem arises if you have an immo3 but as you have an AGU I very doubt you don't. If you're local to me I'd happily to help.

speed thrills

Status
    Ah I see I don't have any vagcom and cheers beachbuggy I'd happily travel to you or anyone who could help it will hopefully be here around Monday if anyone can help cheers guys

speed thrills

Status
    So is there anyone with vagcom and the the savvy that can help a dude out? for a drink of course il travel to you plzzzzz