3 Northwest 8L S3's logged - Who is closest to 300bhp??

Sandip

Reaction score
Dancarpy - Stage 1 Revo (black)

Sandip - Unknown map, see my sig for upgrades (blue)

Shanejess - APR Stage 2, 3"downpipe, decat (silver)

Did some logs tonight of 3 S3's tonight!

Logs will be posted very shortly for everyone to find who is the closest to 300bhp and also for everybody to help spot any issues they feels should be addressed:thumbsup:

Big thanks to Mutantfatcat (Lee) for letting us use Vag Com to do these logs, the RS4 was also logged:eyebrows:

P3030227.jpg

P3030226.jpg

Last edited:
This should be interesting.

P.s. when's the next north west meet? I really need to get my **** along to one...

I think yours closest, shanes, then dans,......just a guess....lol (ps sorry about the pm opened at work and forgot all about it...doh...)

Last edited:
think I need to get to one of these meets soon, I keep missing them.

Oohhhhhh the tension!
I've gotta get to bed! Up early. But I'll post them tomorrow.
So you'll all have to wait. Lol :)

Dancarpy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanejess

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That manni is working well sandip, awesome results.....all decent flows turbo looks like theres no stopping it
BTW what do i win?......:sly:......lol

Last edited:
did it show it was more powerfull on the road though???

Sandip - think you need to get a 3" tip off badger bill and see what it does with that on, should be getting close to the 300 mark

Sandip. You have rods in there yea?
high timing, offscale actual boost the whole rpm range?? >1.5bar so unless you have a boost gauge do you know how much actual boost its running?
Standard turbo?? they dont hold that pressure like that...... whats in there?
way way too lean! make power, but fecking hot I bet if you look at 112 and do some 4th/5th/6th gear pulls!
lean brings onset of CF pulls sooner...

Last edited:
Sandip. You have rods in there yea?
high timing, offscale actual boost the whole rpm range?? >1.5bar so unless you have a boost gauge do you know how much actual boost its running?
Standard turbo?? they dont hold that pressure like that...... whats in there?
way way too lean! make power, but fecking hot I bet if you look at 112 and do some 4th/5th/6th gear pulls!
lean brings onset of CF pulls sooner...

Standard rods Bill, i am aware of the fuelling, i mentioned it lastnight when i took the others out for a drive, fuel filter and pump are next on my list of things to do, along with correctly gapped plugs

I never ever drive my car the way i did last night, i hate doing logs and i hate dyno's lol

If i told you how much boost it's running you will probably want to shoot me:ermm: has a slight spike but settles at 20psi to redline, i'll be nipping over to Dave's at some point to try a N75E to see if that irons out the spike

I will log 112 once i get the above bits sorted, until then i'll be driving nice n easy (like always)

Thanks for your helpful post Bill, greatly appreciated! :o.k:

Sandip - think you need to get a 3" tip off badger bill and see what it does with that on, should be getting close to the 300 mark

I'll personally go to Bill to get the 3"tip once i have the fuelling sorted :) I want my car to be running healthy morethan anything, if it gets to 300bhp it's simply going to be a number to me, i will never let the 300horses out of the stable :)

did it show it was more powerfull on the road though???

Personally i think it feels smoother than the Revo and APR maps, top end pull is strong and the power seems to feel more spread out, if that makes sense?? lol

Shane had a ride in mine and Lee went out in all 3 S3's so they have a better idea of the difference between the cars

Standard rods Bill, i am aware of the fuelling, i mentioned it lastnight when i took the others out for a drive, fuel filter and pump are next on my list of things to do, along with correctly gapped plugs

I never ever drive my car the way i did last night, i hate doing logs and i hate dyno's lol

If i told you how much boost it's running you will probably want to shoot me:ermm: has a slight spike but settles at 20psi to redline, i'll be nipping over to Dave's at some point to try a N75E to see if that irons out the spike

I will log 112 once i get the above bits sorted, until then i'll be driving nice n easy (like always)

Thanks for your helpful post Bill, greatly appreciated! :o.k:
problem with your fueling is the map. its getting what its asking for..... map change required, everything else you are wasting your time and money. settle to 20psi at redline is completely flat out... in case you thought it was'nt!

Hmmm. you have all the ingrediants for a bent rod with mapping and boost as it is.. on std bottom end.
that turbo is not behaving like a stock k04, as they just do not hold that boost... Actuator cranked up tight perhaps?
6-8psi is what n75 electrically off boost should be.... see any more and its non-std

Surely it'll be the JBS high flow manifold that's allowing it to make boost like that?

Also, silly question perhaps, but Sandip, surely you go full throttle sometimes? otherwise all the performance mods are pointless :p

If in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!!!

Sandips map is over boosting like mine, getting more boost than requested, I'd definately have that looked at personally, nice figures though, but for how long.

Is this the JBS high flow cast K04 manifold (direct OE replacement) that they have been developing for 25yrs and that is also not on their website yet?

problem with your fueling is the map. its getting what its asking for..... map change required, everything else you are wasting your time and money. settle to 20psi at redline is completely flat out... in case you thought it was'nt!

Hmmm. you have all the ingrediants for a bent rod with mapping and boost as it is.. on std bottom end.
that turbo is not behaving like a stock k04, as they just do not hold that boost... Actuator cranked up tight perhaps?
6-8psi is what n75 electrically off boost should be.... see any more and its non-std

N75 unplugged it boosting 6-7psi, i had to do this when it kept going into limp mode with 17963

All points noted Bill, i'll have a good think now lol

Is this the JBS high flow cast K04 manifold (direct OE replacement) that they have been developing for 25yrs and that is also not on their website yet?

OOOOh yes!! :)

Just lucky i spotted it Jay, hopefully i'll have no issues with it

OOOOh yes!! :)

Just lucky i spotted it Jay, hopefully i'll have no issues with it

Nice, well done on getting one of the first ones and doing a 'Welly' for us, I hope you can prove its claimed longevity :).

6-8wks for the official on sale date? Hmmm, they said that in August last year when I was waving my wallet at them. Still at least they let one out so that has to be good news.

Surely it'll be the JBS high flow manifold that's allowing it to make boost like that?

Also, silly question perhaps, but Sandip, surely you go full throttle sometimes? otherwise all the performance mods are pointless :p

If in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!!!

hmmm.. not convinced..
higher flow mani I have seen before and its out of puff sooner, not sustained up top...]

K04 hi-flow mani: I am aware of 2 others I have seen pictures of this last week.. which have'nt been seen before.
i am folloing these up.. K04's need this in their life :D

Sandip managed to print screen! :0 :D
At leased mine was a healthy 259bhp. Or is there something else on the log that I'm not seeing :S lol.
Only thing I need is a new clutch! As Sandip and Lee experienced lastnight. Lol :S
Any suggestions on a clutch? Normal or uprated?