Going for a progressive Nos kit ????

AARON77

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking bout having a progressive nos kit fitted, I have spoke to wizards of nos and he reckons I can get q about 350bhp from having this type of kit, and for £1600 it sounds like a lot of bang for your buck????
Does any1 know if this has done to an s3/tt, and does any1 have any interesting facts that I should know???

I would have thought that would blow your engine to bits. You might want to spend some time and money on strengthening the engine and parts to ensure it can cope with the added pressure

They assure me that i won't have to do any engine mods at all???
Seen a MK 5 golf pushing 400 bhp on a standard engine or that's wot the write said ???

hmmmm. Serious pinch of salt required.
I know there was a guy on SCN with an LCR which ran nos for a long time with no issues.. very high torque output.. BUT I will say the cars were newer then and things were not as worn as is likely with an older engine..

aka, rods are strongly advised before going for nos imho, and a steady build via controller essential!

and well done for trying something different, I dont really know but you would imagine rods would be a good idea. 350 brake is one thing but how much torque will it put out?

Expensive and addictive sounds ace to me :)
Just got off the fine to matey a wizards of nos and he says that the 1.8t engine is an ace engine to have now fitted to and that he has done plenty of them and defo reckons that I dnt need to do any internal mods??? The guy has 35 years of experience and has had a nos kit fitted on all of his cars???
I think I'm gonna go for it In the next couple of months :)Aaron.moore77@hotmail.co.uk

what i'll say is this...

If your doing it for a blast up the drag strip or something similar then fine. If your doing it because the cars not powerful enough for you, then you should look at traditional tuning first.

The reason is simple. Gas isnt cheap, and if your using it all the time to make up for an engine that doesnt have enough go, you'll find your forever buying refills, and the costs get very silly indeed.

Also, please remember that the guy your talking to is trying to SELL you something. I'm not saying hes lying, or deliberately trying to deceive, but like any salesman they're not going to shout about any possible downsides.

1.8T engines are great, but their rods are a major weak point when trying to get big numbers from them. A big dose of nos could easily see huge torque figures, and that could result in a broken engine.

what i'll say is this...

If your doing it for a blast up the drag strip or something similar then fine. If your doing it because the cars not powerful enough for you, then you should look at traditional tuning first.

The reason is simple. Gas isnt cheap, and if your using it all the time to make up for an engine that doesnt have enough go, you'll find your forever buying refills, and the costs get very silly indeed.

Also, please remember that the guy your talking to is trying to SELL you something. I'm not saying hes lying, or deliberately trying to deceive, but like any salesman they're not going to shout about any possible downsides.

1.8T engines are great, but their rods are a major weak point when trying to get big numbers from them. A big dose of nos could easily see huge torque figures, and that could result in a broken engine.

Exactly my sentiments.

Thanx for your coments aragorn !!!
Your bang on although I do find my car ample for the road it's for the strip that I'm trying to mod my car for