Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

A3 3door, door squeaking!!

Took my car into audi cause the doors on my car were squeaking (rattling) a little, they stuck some felt strips inside were the doors close at the top edge.

Kept squeakin after another month or so, i told them, have u no better solution to this problem instead of just felt strips on inner edge of door body.

Appearantly AUDI have instructed this work , plus they tell me they use a silicon for the rubbers on the doors, once this drys out it happens etc..

Any1 else had this problem?

Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: A3 3door, door squeaking!!

I had this on my first audi - and A3 1.8T. It was a known problem and when I took it in they put what looks like sellotape on the door frame where the rubber touches. This had absolutely no effect on the squeak so I took it in again. This time they pulled out the rubber seals and reseated them - this sorted it out.

I had a similar problem on a BMW I had. Read the BM forums and newsgroups and found that BMW parts have something called gummipfledge which is a gel like substance. I spread this thinly on the rubber seals. This again fixed the squeak.

6th Gear

Status

Re: A3 3door, door squeaking!!

thanks ak47, might get stealers to reseat the rubbers