How fast is a 200bhp A3?

Ian_83

Reaction score
I've been debating modding the car lately. I bought it as a hack, then thought "why not mod it?". Recently I can't stop thinking about my old 200sx, and keep thinking "yeah it was fast and fun, i'll get another". But then im looking at 3k+ for a nice 200, then 2k on mods before im at a fun power level and i've spent about 5 grand. I figure for £1000 on the Audi I could get, TIP, FMIC, down pipe, catback and a remap. Thats like roughly 200bhp on my AGU and K03?. Plus a saving of 4 grand, a bit of which I could put into suspension, brakes and STILL have saved a small fortune. It's not that I don't like the Audi, its really grown on me now, I think its a great car. I just want to have something fast again.

So how quick is one? Obivously tyres, roads, drivers make a difference but what are ball park figures? Say 0-100 mph in comparison with other cars?

My old A4 (150bhp remapped to 190ish) was quite quick.

You'd be best off getting a K03s, then I think you could add another 20bhp...

I think 16 seconds 0-100 wouldn't be too bad. Food for thought, is it worth spending an extra 4-5k to get something which can do it in 12-13?

The A3 holds its own well against things like the S3 due to it's lighter weight.

a remapped AGU should be a similar pace to a standard 210 S3, on power to weight, a 190bhp A3 at 1250kg would have 152bhp/ton, compared to a 210bhp S3 at 1500kg having 140bhp/ton, so that gives you a rough idea of what it'll be like.

Chuck on a ko3S with the above mods for an easy 220bhp and almost 180bhp/ton. compared to about 167/ton for a mapped S3.

it'll never be a traffic light warrior, as you won't get it all to the ground in 1st gear off the line, but once rolling it's a really good tool.

I'd really advise a ko3S though, the above add ons you mention won't make THAT much difference with a ko3, maybe another 5-10bhp at most, yet coupling those mods with a ko3S you can see 220-230bhp and 250-260lbft. then it'll really shift!

That sounds alright really. Any way to go more power? Take it that would be a KO4, or my original plan was T28, which would require forged rods?

No doubt i'll change my mind next week anyway :)

the easiest route for big-ish power would be a k03 hybrid turbo, can see roughly 260-280bhp on the above mods, obviously, injectors, a bigger maf and to be "safe", rods may be needed.

Is a ko3S a straight bolt on swap?
s3 injectors and Maf required i believe, although you keep your standard maf housing...and mapped to suit

K03s is a bolt on swap but I think you are thinking of the K03 hybrid Dave... that requires S3 injectors, S3 MAF housing (A3 MAF sensor), custom mapping and to get the best out of it rods...

If going down that route then have a look at some of the Ibiza's on SCN as this is a very popular tuning mod... have seen just over 280bhp on an Ibiza that Bill mapped recently although that was with WMI

You would ideally need a FMIC, 2.5"/3" DP and would require a silicon TIP to enable you to fit the S3 MAF properly...

<tuffty/>