Wat to go with Brakes and Suspension?

Sevv

Pushing the limits..
Reaction score
Hi guys,

wanted some help just bought my A3 3-4 months ago. and im trying to find good suspension and lost between eibach and blistiens B12's is it worth changing the whole kit or just changing the springs and dampeners. in addition having trouble choosing a good brake it (partly due to costs:ninja:) though i have set my eye on some Brembo GT kit. wanted some advice as everyone on this forum is quite experienced when it comes to such things. would appreciate any help.

go easy my frist time posting so yeah ....... also come from Aussie

Hi Sevv

i had the blistien B12 kit fiited to my S3 a few years ago, the improvement in road holding and cornering was unbelievable, hardly and body roll through corners - when i bought the kit they we're supplying B8 dampers with Apex springs which lowered the car by 40mm.

But i have to be honest on the roads i have to drive on daily this set up was slightly to harsh as most of the roads are poor quality plus i kept bottoming out over speed bumps, so after a year or so i changed the springs for the eibach street pro springs which raised the car by approx 15mm over the Apex (25mm drop over standard). the ride quality was better over the dodgy roads and the handling through the corners is still pretty good. I sold the Apex springs to another member on here and as far as i know their still using them (tuffty bloke) - so yeah that kits pretty good depending on what sort of roads you'll be using

as for brakes, brembo get my vote but like you say are pretty expensive - but i guess you pay for quality

Theres brembos for sale in the stickies I think.

I have B8s and Apex springs and its brilliant, lower than the Eibachs and all the better for it, the car feels alot better when pushing it through the corners, less body roll. And the change in ride comfort is all but negligable plus they're cheaper than Eibachs WIN WIN WIN.

having taken the Eibachs off after 2k miles the bottom of the rears did look a bit worse for wear though:

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Thank you Mulli, and Dane really appreciated your advise. concerning the car ill be driving it on the roads and tracks she currently as an awfully AEH 1.6 Ltr. engine but want to replace it with a Bam engine or maybe if im lucky the V6 3.2. i also had a look at the b10's but i guess they have a mono tube instead of twine tube technology. so i guess eibach. ill also look into maybe changing the dampeners and springs.