RMR Intake Manifold fitted ..

Nyteryda

Nyteryda
Reaction score
Just thought I would put a pic up of my handywork ;-)

It really does make the original one look pathetic he he .. bit of a bitch to fit though, and I had to order a few bits from the states.. the vacuum lines clash with the charge pipe a bit but it is workable :) Just need to figure out a way of tidying the injector wires up now because the engine cover no longer fits..

ps if anyone has one of the forge hard pipes for sale i would be interested to buy

Photo1464.jpg

What turbo you running mate? And what do you mean forge hard pipes? Their silicone boost pipe's?

That looks immense, i like that.

Dan - he's talking about the alloy boost hard pipe Forge used to sell. That pipe on the left which goes around on the side with the hazard hand print sign on it.

Or the charge pipe.

No mate you cant them yet, forge had a massive upset with the quality so they've stopped production until the near future. Also, when they do start back up their going to be doing them without the DV off take, i asked them to do it as there's alot of people, including myself that are running DV relocation kits :).

yes i understand the forge charge pipes are out of production at the moment, was hoping someone may have one to sell that they dont want anymore.. so gutted i missed out even with the slight defects i read about. Looking forward to the next batch, where does the dv relocate to ? i've seen the kits..

currently on standard k04, but after a lot of consideration i will be going for a hybrid i think. My target is 350bhp so hopefully i will be able to get close, not really interested in spending thousands on a big turbo and all the gubbins to go with it.

I luckily picked the rmr manifold up for £300 from a guy who bought it new but never fitted it, then I got a transitional phenolic gasket from 034 motorsport and a fpr adapter from rmr themselves which came to £200 together. And then the fittings and pipes came to £20. I then sold the old fuel rail and inlet manifold for £150, making the total cost £370 :)

I have the r32 throttle body adapter aswell but not sure if its worth adding the TB to the mix at approx £150 ?

Very few people bought them before they took them out of production, there like rocking horse ****.

The DV relocation moves the dv blow off to just before the TB, where you have the alloy joiner currently, its meant to dump colder air back into the intake and also offer better throttle response.

So has the manifold made a difference?

oh ok so i could just get a joiner that has an offtake fitted instead ?

i actually won a dahlback racing one about a month before this one came along but the guy refused to sell it to me (think he had a better offer).. It turns out he did me a favour as this one is supposed to be better from what i understand.

In a word, yes, it has made a difference. My VI Monitor before maniold was giving me max 305bhp which i would assume is a spike or a peak value ? Now it is giving me 330bhp, so even if the readings are a little high there is still a relative improvement it seems, however i think the standard turbo and manifold need to be upgraded as they are at their limits. It does feel a bit stronger through the gears though and boy does it brighten the engine bay up.

I did notice a seller on ebay in the states with very similar manifolds for sale, they just didnt have rmr etched into the front

Yup, you could buy a joiner, forgot what size the upper boost hoses are, 80mm is it? Anyway, what ever size joiner you have now, just buy one with a 25mm t-piece on, the buy a 25mm 90degree silicone elbow, place the DV into the top then buy a meter length of 25mm silicone, run it to the original dv position then use a 25mm plastic 90 degree elbow into the tip, simple :).

You got a link to the seller?