headlights

scott13

Reaction score
why are a3 headlights so crap? would be better shinning a torch out the window lol. are projector lights not meant to be good?

scott

I got HID convertions on my car, they are excellent, might have to swap back come MOT time though, and some Osram night breaker high beam bulbs, they give 90% more light, seem pretty good, and while I was at it I put some chrome indicator bulb in because I hate that fried egg look.

i thought the same even bought angel eyes to fix it but still crap

decision made then. i'm going to fit wheels and lower first before paint as it is actually quite low at front now. might reduce depth of lower holes too.

Believe me, the A3 headlights are like floodlights compared to the Xenons on my 04 reg corsa, that thing seemed like the lights were powered by tea lights!

Also, try using a cutting compound if the exteriors have started to go a bit yellowy and dull, I did mine and the lights are definitely better.

Will Try compound, are hid kits hard to fit? And what's the cost

Have you put new bulbs in? As with any filament bulb, they slowly degrade over time so if you are on original 10 year old bulbs they will have lost some of their original efficiency.

My HID's were fitted when I got the car, but you can get them on ebay for sixty quid, they don't seem too hard to fit, according to the people that sell them,they fitted them to a Mondeo in forty minutes.

Very easy on a3
20min job

Easier if you remove the battery
More room to work

Got my kit from eBay for 30quid
Looks lovey on projectors and great cut off

Anyone have pics of hid kit in a non projector headlamp as I'm worried may get pulled as I want 6k thanks

I ran Hids in normal lights for around 10 months and never got pulled,,,, i never got to put it through an MOT though as i suspectec it would have failed so now have projectors

Ive been running my 8000K HID's for about 8 months with no problems currently fitted to non projector headlights but deffinetly wana get projectors as i think they look alot better... HID's are easy to fit took about 15mins hardest part is finding somewhere for the ballasts to live under your bonnet....
SL371639.jpg