Has anyone got a spare MAF for a 1.8T agu?

bengal

Reaction score
As the title says has anyone got one that they are selling and if so how much?

I had to clean the contacts on my ignition module and I have somehow managed to break the chip in the MAF :banghead:. It's only 4 months old or so and I'll probably be selling the car soon so I don't fancy shelling out £130 on another one if I can help it.

On the upside though I did fix the misfire which it had :laugh:.

Edit: I would take just the housing for a maf as the meshing is also broken on mine so I don't want to try to get it replaced under warranty, but I might be able to with a decent housing.

Sorry mods if this is the wrong section.

Last edited:
I have 1 from a BAM 1.8T

Thanks for the reply, I will have to look into this to make sure the bam maf will work on my car.

I think the housing will be a different size but this isn't an issue as I can use the housing iv'e got now with the bam sensor, the agu relies on the maf and 02 sensor to determine boost I believe as there is no map sensor, there could be a difference in the way they work.

How much do you want for it?

Thanks for the reply, I will have to look into this to make sure the bam maf will work on my car.

I think the housing will be a different size but this isn't an issue as I can use the housing iv'e got now with the bam sensor, the agu relies on the maf and 02 sensor to determine boost I believe as there is no map sensor, there could be a difference in the way they work.

Pretty sure they are a different sensor... MAF's are cheaper at places like GSF and Euro Car Parts... Bosch parts too so same as VAG use...

Last one I got for my S3 from GSF was around £70 exchange...

<tuffty/>

Pretty sure they are a different sensor... MAF's are cheaper at places like GSF and Euro Car Parts... Bosch parts too so same as VAG use...

Last one I got for my S3 from GSF was around £70 exchange...

<tuffty/>

The £130 quote was what I paid for the current one from eurocarparts with exchange, GSF are slightly cheaper but not by much, the euro car parts website lists a few for different engine codes and the agu maf is the most expensive by far.

I phoned Audi and they reckon they can get me a recon unit at £103 with an exchange which isn't bad at all for a main dealer and they were adamant that it is the right maf for my car, after I gave the man the 3rd degree lol. So I think the best option is to go with Audi unless someone on here can supply me with a good used agu maf.

Either they have gone up loads since I last bought one or my local GSF did me a damn good deal as I paid £90 (inc £20 exchange rate) for my last one...

Just looked at ECP and they 'have' A3 ones listed at £85 + exchange cost...

<tuffty/>

I'll send you a PM...

Either they have gone up loads since I last bought one or my local GSF did me a damn good deal as I paid £90 (inc £20 exchange rate) for my last one...

Just looked at ECP and they 'have' A3 ones listed at £85 + exchange cost...

<tuffty/>

You've confused me now :laugh:, I've put my reg in on ECP's site and it comes up with a few.

AQA, ARZ and AUM engine codes the mafs are around the price you say, the AGU on the other hand one is £127.20 which is listed as bosch exchange included, there is another one for the AGU at £75.60 with no mention of exchange or make so I'm guessing it's a pattern part which I'd rather pay the extra and get the bosch tbh.

I'm going to have to give them a ring on monday to see what the cheaper option really is. I tried to put links up so you can see what I'm on about but it won't let me open up a window on the individual parts. Thanks for your help though tuffty :icon_thumright:.

Hummm... just had a look at GSF's website and they list the following:

PN - 187VG0180
Description - AIR MASS METER
Fitment - A3 >8LV200000 AGU
Price - 150.00

Best bet is to give your local GSF a call tbh... they will use your reg number to find the right part... ironically they have an AMK/BAM one listed for £55... GSF | Cheap Discount Car Parts | Euro German Japanese | VW BMW Audi Ford Peugeot

<tuffty/>

Hummm... just had a look at GSF's website and they list the following:

PN - 187VG0180
Description - AIR MASS METER
Fitment - A3 >8LV200000 AGU
Price - 150.00

Best bet is to give your local GSF a call tbh... they will use your reg number to find the right part... ironically they have an AMK/BAM one listed for £55... GSF | Cheap Discount Car Parts | Euro German Japanese | VW BMW Audi Ford Peugeot

<tuffty/>

Looking at the part listed at GSF, where it says fitment 8LV200000 AGU I might be onto something it's part of the chassis No, when I phoned Audi the bloke said that there are 2 sensors for the agu 1 was about £200 which was for a 1997 car and the £103 which is for my car which is a 1998 and the chassis No starts with W. I can't remember what he said the 97 cars chassis No starts with but he did say it's dependant on the chassis No, I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about as he's at Audi, but then again :scared2:.

Having said that I will speak to GSF to see what they say.

Last edited: